Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,775 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

JohnB_VZW's Correct Answers

You've come to the right place for help JOHCAS45. Keeping your phone up to date is definitely important, so I completely understand your concern. Once any new update becomes available you can ... See more...
You've come to the right place for help JOHCAS45. Keeping your phone up to date is definitely important, so I completely understand your concern. Once any new update becomes available you can view them here Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless. JohnB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
We are always here to help MAD417. I know how important it is to be able to manage your pictures. Visit Verizon Cloud FAQs | Verizon Wireless for steps on how to create albums on your Verizon Clo... See more...
We are always here to help MAD417. I know how important it is to be able to manage your pictures. Visit Verizon Cloud FAQs | Verizon Wireless for steps on how to create albums on your Verizon Cloud. JohnB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
You've come to the right place for help slz185. I know how important it is to manage the usage on your phones. When setting up time restrictions using Family Base the phone will not be able to... See more...
You've come to the right place for help slz185. I know how important it is to manage the usage on your phones. When setting up time restrictions using Family Base the phone will not be able to use any services. However, if they connect to WiFi they will still be able to access apps like Facebook and SnapChat. Visit Manage Time Restrictions - Usage Controls | Verizon Wireless for more info. JohnB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Look no further help has arrived jamend719. You can definitely forward your calls from this phone. Visit Call Forwarding | Verizon Wireless for steps on how to forward calls from your phone. W... See more...
Look no further help has arrived jamend719. You can definitely forward your calls from this phone. Visit Call Forwarding | Verizon Wireless for steps on how to forward calls from your phone. We're here if you need further assistance. JohnB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Look no further help has arrived PACKERTUNDRA. I know how important it is to be able to manage your Verizon Cloud. Are you following these steps Delete Files in the Trash Can - Verizon Cloud -... See more...
Look no further help has arrived PACKERTUNDRA. I know how important it is to be able to manage your Verizon Cloud. Are you following these steps Delete Files in the Trash Can - Verizon Cloud - Website | Verizon Wireless to empty the trash can on the Verizon Cloud? How long have you had this issue? Have you tried deleting one item at a time? JohnB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help
I know how important it is to have a working phone for work so I completely understand how you feel Randy. Due to the high demand of this phone the delivery may be longer than normal. The ship da... See more...
I know how important it is to have a working phone for work so I completely understand how you feel Randy. Due to the high demand of this phone the delivery may be longer than normal. The ship date will vary depending on the model, color, memory size, and the date it was ordered, as well as the number of orders in front of yours. I apologize but we are unable to push up the expected ship date. The shipping date can change and you may receive your phone sooner. You can keep track of the shipping date here Check Order Status - Verizon Wireless  using your order or confirmation number. JohnB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
You've come to the right place for answers klschade. I know how excited you and your daughter are to purchase this new phone. I can definitely help cleared up any confusion regarding the $650 tra... See more...
You've come to the right place for answers klschade. I know how excited you and your daughter are to purchase this new phone. I can definitely help cleared up any confusion regarding the $650 trade in promotion. As your fellow community member mentioned, the phone you are trading in needs to be fully paid to qualify. So you will no longer have monthly device payment installments for the iPhone 6 Plus. You also need to purchase the new iPhone on a device payment to qualify. You purchase the new iPhone and trade in the old iPhone 6 Plus. So you will only have 1 device payment plan. The way this promotion works is that you are billed monthly for the device payment plan of the new iPhone. The $650 trade in promotion you receive for the phone you trade in is split into 24 months. So you receive a credit every month that is applied towards the device payment of the new phone. You can visit Electronic Device Recycling – Verizon Wireless to take advantage of this promotion once you have paid off the current device payment plan. We're here if you need further assistance. JohnB_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Ichap25, Being able to use your phone while traveling outside the USA is definitely important. I apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused. Have you tried reaching out to our Global... See more...
Ichap25, Being able to use your phone while traveling outside the USA is definitely important. I apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused. Have you tried reaching out to our Global support team for assistance http://vz.to/17KseUf? They will be more than happy to help get your phone working. JohnB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
I understand how time consuming it can get to have to delete the email from your Laptop and then again on your phone. But don't worry because I'm here to help.   You can change the setting on y... See more...
I understand how time consuming it can get to have to delete the email from your Laptop and then again on your phone. But don't worry because I'm here to help.   You can change the setting on your Bionic so it automatically deletes an email from the server when ever you delete it from your phone. This way when you delete the email on the phone you will not see it if you sign in to your email on your laptop. Below I have provided steps on how to change this setting.   1. From a Home screen, select the App menu (located in the lower right). 2. Select My Accounts. If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps. 3. Select the appropriate email account. 4. Select Other Settings. 5. Check the Remove Manually Deleted Email From Server option.   If you want the email deleted from the phone when you delete it from the laptop you need to un-check the option to leave a copy of the email on the server. Below I have provided steps on how to change this setting.   1. Sign in to your email account on your laptop. 2. Right-click the email account in the left pane then click Properties. 3. Click the Advanced tab. 4. Ensure Leave a copy of messages on server is not checked. 5. Click OK.   I hope you find this information helpful. Please post back if you need further assistance.
@Kyla1234,   I definitely know how you feel because I had this happen to my Thunderbolt as well. You mentioned the weather app is showing your location as Rock Hill, SC. and your located in NC.... See more...
@Kyla1234,   I definitely know how you feel because I had this happen to my Thunderbolt as well. You mentioned the weather app is showing your location as Rock Hill, SC. and your located in NC. How close are you to Rock Hill? You may just need to reset the Location settings on your phone.   What I found helpful was going into the Location settings on the device and un-checking all the Location Settings for a few seconds.   1. On the main screen press Menu. 2. Select Settings. 3. Select Location. 4. Under Location On Settings un-check all of them.   Once you have re-checked all the settings perform a soft reset by removing the battery for a few seconds. This should reset the settings on the weather app. If you still see Rock Hill as your location after my suggestion please let me know and I will be more than happy to further troubleshoot.    
Thank you SuzyQ for your response. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help.   @KateShaw,   The messages you are receiving from short code 32665, as SuzyQ stated, are from Facebook Mo... See more...
Thank you SuzyQ for your response. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help.   @KateShaw,   The messages you are receiving from short code 32665, as SuzyQ stated, are from Facebook Mobile. Facebook Mobile allows users of the Facebook web properties to keep in touch with their Facebook friends and data at all times.  To opt out send the word off to the short code 32665. You will receive a confirmation sms that you have been opted out and no longer receive messages from this service.   The messages from short code 67082 are from Group Text *392 which is a bulk SMS system. You can find out about the service on the internet at www.bulksms.com. Recipients of the messages will be able to remove themselves by contacting the user who sent the message to them and asking them to remove them from the database.   @October,   The messages you are receiving from short code 72963 are from GoPayment which is a mobile application (and mobile website) that enables small businesses to accept credit card payments by entering transaction information into their mobile phone. For more information visit http://mobilepayment.intuit.com. To opt out send the word stop, end or quit to the short code 72963. You will receive a confirmation sms that you have been opted out and no longer receive messages from this service.   In regards to the messages received from 6245, I was unable to find information about this service but you may want to try sending the word stop, end, or quit to 6245. You will receive a confirmation sms that you have been opted out and no longer receive messages from this service.   I hope this information has been helpful.  
jec15 wrote: I was told that I  could connect with my computer but now learn that the Thunderbolt does not connect.  Can anyone help? Are you referring to being able to tether your Thunde... See more...
jec15 wrote: I was told that I  could connect with my computer but now learn that the Thunderbolt does not connect.  Can anyone help? Are you referring to being able to tether your Thunderbolt to your PC in order to connect to the Internet?   The Thunderbolt is Mobile Hotspot compatible. If your PC is WiFi capable you can add the Mobile Hotspot feature to your phone and have your PC connect to the Internet wirelessly. Click here for additional information regarding the Mobile Hotspot and answers to frequently asked question.   If your question was regarding something else please reply to this post and provide clarification of your concern.   Thanks
OldCryBaby wrote: Can I upgrade  to the iphone 5 on my husbands upgrade to my number and still keep my unlimited data plan? Also if I ever have to increase my minutes will my unlimited data b... See more...
OldCryBaby wrote: Can I upgrade  to the iphone 5 on my husbands upgrade to my number and still keep my unlimited data plan? Also if I ever have to increase my minutes will my unlimited data be affected ? Thank you all for your comments and responses. They are greatly appreciate.   @OldCryBaby,   If you currently have a Smartphone with the unlimited data plan on your line you will be able to keep the unlimited data plan when upgrading to another Smartphone. If you decide to change your calling plan you will also be able to keep your unlimited data plan since no changes would be made to the data plan.    Hope this clarifies your concern.
I definitely understand your frustration. If you are still having this issue with the speaker phone on your Incredible 2, I recommend doing a hard reset on the phone. Please keep in mind performi... See more...
I definitely understand your frustration. If you are still having this issue with the speaker phone on your Incredible 2, I recommend doing a hard reset on the phone. Please keep in mind performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. Only perform this reset if absolutely necessary.    From a home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower left). Select Settings.  Select SD & phone storage. Select Factory data reset. Select Reset phone. Select Erase Everything.  Hope this is helpful.
I understand how frustrating this must be. My personal device had this problem and I found a solution that worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you as well.   1. Put the device in Airplane... See more...
I understand how frustrating this must be. My personal device had this problem and I found a solution that worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you as well.   1. Put the device in Airplane mode (hold power button and select airplane mode) 2. Wait 3 minutes for changes to take effect. You should see the airplane icon in the notification bar as well as the airplane lock screen. 3. Power the device off and wait 15 seconds. 4. Power the device on. Once sense loads, turn airplane mode off. 5. In the settings>Wireless & Networks Menu, check the box entitled "Mobile Network" 6. Everything should re-provision and data should be restored.   If the steps above do not resolve you issue you may want to try a master reset. Resetting the phone deletes all data, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state—the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.   Important: Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone before you reset your device.   Master Reset:   From the home screen, touch Menu Touch Settings  Touch SD & phone storage Touch Factory data reset Tap Reset phone  Tap Erase everything Reset may take anywhere from 1 - 10 minutes for reset and restart depending on amount of data on device.   I hope this information has been helpful.
I understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. The issue you are experiencing with the phone turning off when you pull it into the wall charger is not a known issue. We may ne... See more...
I understand your frustration and apologize for the inconvenience. The issue you are experiencing with the phone turning off when you pull it into the wall charger is not a known issue. We may need to further troubleshoot to determine the cause if this problem.    The best option would be to visit one of stores so we can duplicate the issue. Click here to find the nearest store. If you are unable to visit one of our store you can send us a PM with your contact information and the best time to reach you. You can also tweet us @VZWSupport and we will be more then happy to assist you.   Thank you.
Does your phone have the most current software update? It should be i500.ED05. This update addressed an issue causing the device to miss calls in some cases.   To check for software updates:  ... See more...
Does your phone have the most current software update? It should be i500.ED05. This update addressed an issue causing the device to miss calls in some cases.   To check for software updates:   1. From the main screen, touch Menu tab 2. Touch Settings 3. Touch About Phone 4. Touch System Updates   Typically when a wireless phone is not fully operating while inside of a home or building, it is because of the interference with our cellular towers.  You may not be receiving a full signal when trying to connect your calls because a wireless signal is limited when it tries to pass through brick, steel, or other material and in your case all the trees surrounding your father's and grandparent's home by the golf course.  You can usually make a call with a minimal amount of signal strength; however, receiving a call requires approximately full signal strength.   It is important to us to understand the potential cause of the low signal strength in and around your father's and grandparent's residence. If the problem is occurring outside the home as well, it may be an issue with the area and we can file a trouble ticket to the engineers to investigate. If the problem only occurs in the home then we can not file a ticket and it is a matter of the interference from the structure itself with our towers.  This type of interference is common and is an unfortunate aspect of the wireless signal traveling through the air.   If you are still experiencing this issue, please PM us so we can further investigate this issue. I recommend that you contact us when you are in the affected area for us to troubleshoot.    In regards to the LED light, this device does not have one for missed calls or messages.   Hope this information has been helpful.  
If you do not have a memory card you may also send your picture to your online album. The online album is a free online service that is included with your Picture Messaging service. Once you have... See more...
If you do not have a memory card you may also send your picture to your online album. The online album is a free online service that is included with your Picture Messaging service. Once you have registered with a “My Verizon” user ID and password, you can upload pictures from your wireless device to your online photo album.   To send your picture to your online album, please follow the steps below:   1. Select the picture from your wireless device. 2. Choose "Options" 3.  Select the option to send to Pix Place, Picture Place, Picture Gallery, Online Album or VZWPIX. (Please note the options may vary depending on your wireless device model.)   If you do not have an add-on message bundle, or subscribe to a calling plan that includes messaging, you will be billed 25 cents for each picture message that you send to your online photo album using your wireless device. You will also be charged 25 cents for each picture message that you receive.   Click here for more information about picture messaging.   Hope this information is helpful.  
Thank you all for your contributions.   @jsauder52,    Please keep in mind that you can monitor your data usage in near real time reporting via #DATA, My Verizon, My Verizon Mobile, and My Ve... See more...
Thank you all for your contributions.   @jsauder52,    Please keep in mind that you can monitor your data usage in near real time reporting via #DATA, My Verizon, My Verizon Mobile, and My Verizon Express. Since you have one of the usage based data plans you will receive data usage alert notifications (at 50%, 75%, 90%, 100%, and 110%) via SMS and / or e-mail. These tool options will allow you to have accurate and timely information for managing your account near real time, which can assist you in avoiding data charges!   To set up My Data Usage Alerts in My Verizon :   1. Sign in to My Verizon. 2. Click the + next to Data Used in the My Usage pod (to the right of the My Device pod under My Account). 3. Click Manage Data Alerts. 4. Select to opt in (default) or de-select (to opt out) the Send alert when data used reaches: checkboxes for 50% or 75%, the alerts for 90%, 100% and 110% are pre-set. 5. Select Add Recipient (can add up to three email recipients and three SMS recipients). 6. Select Add Email or Add Verizon Wireless Mobile Telephone number and enter the information in the resulting pop-up boxes. 7. Click Save Alert Settings.   Hope this information has been helpful.    
HTC Trophy will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 26, and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on June 2 for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year custome... See more...
HTC Trophy will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 26, and in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores on June 2 for $149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted. Click here for more information.   Thanks