Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 7,961 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

rcschnoor's Correct Answers

SmoothDouglas wrote: I love my WP7 and went to review the device and put in a good word for how much I like the OS and the phone.  However, my review has never been posted and it's been sever... See more...
SmoothDouglas wrote: I love my WP7 and went to review the device and put in a good word for how much I like the OS and the phone.  However, my review has never been posted and it's been several days since I posted.  As a matter of fact NO reviews for the device have been posted since the 2nd of June!  I thought maybe my original post didn't stick and wrote another only to be given a message stating "You've already given a review and can't give another."  I carefully went through all 80 reviews and sure enough, my review is not posted.   **bleep**? When did you post your review? From watching reviews of phones I have been thinking about purchasing in the past, they are not posted immediately. It appears that every week or so, Verizon checks all submitted reviews for content(language, etc...) and then posts all of them at one time. This usually encompasses several days of reviews at one time. It appears as if this is what is happening. After all, the most recent one was submitted on June 2, and it is only June 6. This certainly falls within that time frame, especially since a weekend falls between those 2 dates. I doubt that Verizon doesn't have anyone reviewing these reviews over the weekend.
The 500 text plan is $10/month.   The 5000 text plan is $20/month.   If you switch to a Talk & Text plan from a Talk plan, you get unlimited texting every month for the same cost of the 5000 ... See more...
The 500 text plan is $10/month.   The 5000 text plan is $20/month.   If you switch to a Talk & Text plan from a Talk plan, you get unlimited texting every month for the same cost of the 5000 text plan.
cyngwn wrote: I am considering buying a Verizon global phone so that I can take it with me to Europe and use a local SIM card while there.  If I do this, will I still have the same Verizon ph... See more...
cyngwn wrote: I am considering buying a Verizon global phone so that I can take it with me to Europe and use a local SIM card while there.  If I do this, will I still have the same Verizon phone number, or does the number change when I put the SIM card in?  Also, if the number stays the same, what happens if someone from the US calls my Verizon number, do they get hit with international rates.  Likewise, what happens if I call my husband's phone (he will also be in Europe with local SIM card).  Will it be local rates, or international rates?  If you get your global phone unlocked so that you can use a local SIM card, you will not have the same Verizon phone number while using the local SIM card.   If you use the Verizon SIM card and someone in the US calls your phone, you will be charged international rates, but the person making the call will only be charged their normal rates.   If you use the local SIM card, give people in the US your new phone #, and they call you, you will be charged local rates if you are in the local area of the SIM card and the person calling will be charged international rates.   If you call your husband, you are both using local SIM cards, and you are in the local area of the SIM card, you will both be charged local rates.
cytomark wrote: After a few months of keeping my data useage low I switched to the limited plan. That worked for awhile. Now I am finding that there are these large data useages recorded on ... See more...
cytomark wrote: After a few months of keeping my data useage low I switched to the limited plan. That worked for awhile. Now I am finding that there are these large data useages recorded on my history about once a week. They are 30 or 40 MBytes. This put me over for March. The last one was on the second to last day of my billing period.   Verizon is being its usual useful self, speaking only in rough generalities and suggesting that I give them more money.   Does anyone know how I can determine which apps may be doing this? Or how to stop it.   Thanks Any app that you have on your phone could be contributing to this if it is set to automatically update.   The problem with the limited plan is that you may think you will be able to stay under the cap, and you may be able to do so. But with each new app you add, you also are adding a possible avenue for additional data to add up to put you over your cap. You have to be very vigilant to be able to stay under the cap   About once a week, I get an alert from the Android Market that I have updates available. If these apps were set to update automatically, I wouldn't get this alert, but they would instead just start the update process automatically. Go to the Android Market > My Apps and make sure that each of your apps is not set to automatically update. You will have to do this for each app.   Do you have any weather programs set to automatically update. Turn that off, also. Do you have your email set to automatically sync? Yet another source for data usage.
Natto wrote: Can anyone tell me if I can extend my employee discount to my brother?  I don't want to have him on my same bill, even though I have a family plan...I was just wondering if there... See more...
Natto wrote: Can anyone tell me if I can extend my employee discount to my brother?  I don't want to have him on my same bill, even though I have a family plan...I was just wondering if there was some kind of "friends & family" discount.  Thanks! For the discount to be valid, the line would have to be in your name.   Additionally, the discount normally only applies to the primary line in your family plan, so adding him to your family plan would do nothing.
markr64 wrote: I am wondering why when try to buy the HTC Thunderbolt the interface forces you to buy an equipment protection plan.   The other smart phones give you option to decline.   si... See more...
markr64 wrote: I am wondering why when try to buy the HTC Thunderbolt the interface forces you to buy an equipment protection plan.   The other smart phones give you option to decline.   sincerely Mark   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1886016468579&set=a.1886016428578.2110001.1186436517 When I just tried it, you were able to decline it with the Thunderbolt.
Since you both have Droids, I will assume that you are using Google calander and are syncing with Google.   If this is the case, yes, you can have your husband sync both yours and his calander ... See more...
Since you both have Droids, I will assume that you are using Google calander and are syncing with Google.   If this is the case, yes, you can have your husband sync both yours and his calander on his phone.   From your computer, go into your husbands Gmail, and open Google calendar. On the left side of your screen, you will see "Other Calendars". Under this, click "add" > "add a friends calendar" and type in your gmail address. This should help you add your calendar info to your husbands droid.
Yes, if you active the tethering capability of your phone, you will be charged and additional $20 for 2GB/month on top of your data plan.
Ask to speak with a manager, then, because BB's are eligible for the $15/150MB plan. I have a BB on my Family Share plan which is on the $15/150MB plan.
Yes, they fall under your unlimited text plan. Pictures in emails, on the other hand, would fall under $1.99/MB data category. Just make sure you are texting them and you shouldn't have a problem... See more...
Yes, they fall under your unlimited text plan. Pictures in emails, on the other hand, would fall under $1.99/MB data category. Just make sure you are texting them and you shouldn't have a problem.
If you are the account owner, you can sign into My Verizon and get an itemized accounting for each and every phone on the account.   From the home page on My Verizon click the "view bill" tab a... See more...
If you are the account owner, you can sign into My Verizon and get an itemized accounting for each and every phone on the account.   From the home page on My Verizon click the "view bill" tab and then select "usage details", pick the # you want and there it is.
You would be able to make Skype calls, but not cell calls.
Just as Froyo is the Google codeword for Android version 2.2, Gingerbread is the Google codeword for Android version 2.3.   It is just a name.
Yes, even if the other phone is sitting on the bench right next to you, you have to dial in the exit code, country code and ten-digit phone number.   Additionally, this will be treated as an in... See more...
Yes, even if the other phone is sitting on the bench right next to you, you have to dial in the exit code, country code and ten-digit phone number.   Additionally, this will be treated as an international call for "both" phones.
Since you have already activated your new phone, the only way I can think is to transfer the ringtones to your PC via the USB cable and then to your Droid X.   I suppose another way would be to... See more...
Since you have already activated your new phone, the only way I can think is to transfer the ringtones to your PC via the USB cable and then to your Droid X.   I suppose another way would be to try to connect phone to phone via bluetooth and transfer that way.