Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,940 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

ArnettH_VZW's Correct Answers

Hello Kschultz,   I appreciate you for going into great detail on your concern as well as what troubleshooting steps that you have taken. I agree with 21stnow as to what the next step should be... See more...
Hello Kschultz,   I appreciate you for going into great detail on your concern as well as what troubleshooting steps that you have taken. I agree with 21stnow as to what the next step should be in resolving this issue. Based on the info that you have provided, the wi-fi technology on the device is working properly. You were able to connect to other networks successfully, Starbuck's & McDonald's, without an issue. Do you know if any of your co-workers have an Incredible 2 & are experiencing this issue? I strongly encourage that you reach out to your company's IT dept so they can evaluate the situation. Also, as a favor to the community, may I ask that you post the results from t he communication from IT so better our knowledge?   Thank you...
Thanks TimSynder and whit4169,   I just recently updated my Iphone 4 to the software version 4.2.9 successfully but not without my share of problems. I took the opportunity to research the erro... See more...
Thanks TimSynder and whit4169,   I just recently updated my Iphone 4 to the software version 4.2.9 successfully but not without my share of problems. I took the opportunity to research the error code on www.apple.com & I was directed to this link, http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694. Even though you stated that you have the latest version of Itunes, I still would like to clarify what version you have. The latest version of Itunes to date for Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7 is 10.4.    Per, the link above, I would recommend un-installing Itunes from the PC, rebooting the PC, and reinstalling Itunes from the web. Once re-downloaded, log in with your Apple ID and retry the software upgrade for your Iphone 4. Keep up posted as you try the steps above.   Thank you...
Hello community members,   I appreciate all the input on this topic. This has been brought to our attention in a variety of ways. Just to provide an official answer, the Android operating syste... See more...
Hello community members,   I appreciate all the input on this topic. This has been brought to our attention in a variety of ways. Just to provide an official answer, the Android operating system does not allow any one contact to be merge and/or saved on multiple backup platforms at one time. If you add a new contact, it will only be saved under one display group based on the contact type chosen.   For example, the Motorola Droid 2 has the option to save a new contact as Gmail account, Phone Contacts, or Favorites. If you have a third party app, like Facebook, then it would be an option as well. In the event that you want to change the location as to where the contact is saved, the process is to delete the contact, select the display group by selecting the menu button, select the display group of your choice, then re-add the contact to the phone.    Both myself and fellow co-workers have communicated this in a Product issue form to add as an enhancement. As with most large companies, there is a process that needs to be completed to have such enhancements added.   Thank you for your understanding,
Hello happy forum members,   I appreciate all the input on this subject. This subject can easily get confusing and I would like the opportunity to explain what the two entries are. I'll start w... See more...
Hello happy forum members,   I appreciate all the input on this subject. This subject can easily get confusing and I would like the opportunity to explain what the two entries are. I'll start with the acronyms.   MDN - mobile directory number MIN - mobile identification number   As many other forum members have explained, the mobile directory number (MDN) is the cellular number that is called to reach the mobile device. The mobile identification number (MIN) identifies the mobile unit within a wireless carrier's network. The key word is within. Other than to identify the mobile device to the network, this number does not serve any additional purpose to the user of the phone.   Since MDN & MIN are limited to ten digits, sometimes both of them may be the same or they may be different. Some common situations when they would be different are telephone number changes, which the MIN stays the same, and when a telephone number is being ported. When a number is ported from one carrier to another, the MDN is transferred to another new carrier per customer's request but another MIN needs to be reassigned so the new carrier receiving the number can identify the new device on the network. I hope that my explanation did further confuse anyone.   Thank you...
Hello peter417,   I have came across this issue in the past. If the device doesn't reboot on it's own then you would have to manually reboot the device. After doing so, please check the softwar... See more...
Hello peter417,   I have came across this issue in the past. If the device doesn't reboot on it's own then you would have to manually reboot the device. After doing so, please check the software version on the phone. It should read this, VS740ZVE. If this isn't the software version that shows up then a factory reset would be the next step. After this process, we want to confirm that the software is updated.   Hope this helps...
Hello erriw,   I've had this problem quite a few times on my mifi 2200. Have you tried to do a reset on the device by pressing the button on the bottom? I've had success when pressing it. Of co... See more...
Hello erriw,   I've had this problem quite a few times on my mifi 2200. Have you tried to do a reset on the device by pressing the button on the bottom? I've had success when pressing it. Of course this is in addition to verifying that the device is charged. If you are still having the issue after pressing the reset button, please reply so we can further assist.   Hope this helps... 
Hello forum members,   I appreciate all the input on this topic. The best way to import contacts, as chinch, stated, is to export them from Microsoft Outlook into a .csv file. Once they are in... See more...
Hello forum members,   I appreciate all the input on this topic. The best way to import contacts, as chinch, stated, is to export them from Microsoft Outlook into a .csv file. Once they are in a .csv file you can import them in your Windows Live account that associated with your device. I have noted the steps below for you.   Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express: 1.  Select File > Import/Export > Export to a file 2.  Choose Comma Separated Values (Windows) > Select Contacts > Save exported file (preferably the desktop)   Import to Live Account: 1.  Sign into your Live ID at www.hotmail.com on a pc 2.  From your inbox screen, select Contacts from the left side of the screen 3.  Select Options from the top right side of the screen 4.  Select Import Contacts from the Customizing Your Contacts list 5. Select your .csv contact file and click Import Contacts   Hope this helps...
Hello 8sstcrd,   Thanks for sharing your findings on the post. Just to piggy back off what SuzyQ said, make sure that you don't have other prefix in front of the 10-digit mobile number, like *8... See more...
Hello 8sstcrd,   Thanks for sharing your findings on the post. Just to piggy back off what SuzyQ said, make sure that you don't have other prefix in front of the 10-digit mobile number, like *82. This will prevent texts from going through as well. If you have threaded messages then you may want to delete the long text conversations if you haven't done so already. Also, check your settings & make sure that auto save & auto erase is set to on. I know this may sound confusing but when both are set to on it usually resolves text delivery issues. Please post back with your findings from these steps for additional assistance.   Thank you...
Hello this_is_nascar,   I apologize but the original LG Cosmos is not family locator compatible. However, the LG Cosmos touch is compatible with this service. I have provided a link below with ... See more...
Hello this_is_nascar,   I apologize but the original LG Cosmos is not family locator compatible. However, the LG Cosmos touch is compatible with this service. I have provided a link below with the compatible devices and information on how the service works.   http://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_familylocator   Hope this helps...
Hello dhodge71,   The response from the previous post is an excellent idea. Also, if you like, you can send me a private message with your mobile number or you account number & I can confirm en... See more...
Hello dhodge71,   The response from the previous post is an excellent idea. Also, if you like, you can send me a private message with your mobile number or you account number & I can confirm ensure that there hasn't been any international charges accrued.    Thank you...
Hello wendy131313,   My apologies about your 4G issues. Our 4G network is up and running. We are troubleshooting each individual issue as they arise. May I have you send me a private message wi... See more...
Hello wendy131313,   My apologies about your 4G issues. Our 4G network is up and running. We are troubleshooting each individual issue as they arise. May I have you send me a private message with you contact number and your mobile number so I can investigate your issue.    Thank you... Arnetth_VZW
Hello forum members,   Great feedback from everybody. Just to clarify, we can block all data for you without blocking picture message. If you haven't already requested this, you can send me a p... See more...
Hello forum members,   Great feedback from everybody. Just to clarify, we can block all data for you without blocking picture message. If you haven't already requested this, you can send me a private message with your mobile number or contact number so we can apply the block.   Arnetth_VZW
Hello fellow forum members,   I just set the alarm on a Fascinate with 2.2 and the alarm worked like a charm. It went off the same day, as I set it. These are the steps that I used.   1. Went... See more...
Hello fellow forum members,   I just set the alarm on a Fascinate with 2.2 and the alarm worked like a charm. It went off the same day, as I set it. These are the steps that I used.   1. Went to the clock in Apps 2. Create alarm 3. Set time & repeat to everyday only & pressed saved. 4. Selected my notification, alarm tone, alarm type, & volume. 5. Waited until the alarm sounded.    I also have been monitoring the performance for the past 3 days & it rings successfully at the same time each day. If  you are still having this issue, I would recommend a factory reset & re-setup the alarm. Try a test alarm first to ensure functionality.   My apologies about the issues you been happening. Arnetth_VZW 
Sorry for the confusing community members,   Originally Samsung did provide HTC with the Amoled screens on the HTC Incredible, which is why I referred to Samsung about the screen issues. We wil... See more...
Sorry for the confusing community members,   Originally Samsung did provide HTC with the Amoled screens on the HTC Incredible, which is why I referred to Samsung about the screen issues. We will continue to investigate the screen differences so we can report the performance to both manufacturers, HTC and Samsung.    Hope this helps...
Good morning fellow community members,   Just to reassure everybody, all 4G issues have been resolved. If you are experiencing slow connection or any other types of data issues, feel free to se... See more...
Good morning fellow community members,   Just to reassure everybody, all 4G issues have been resolved. If you are experiencing slow connection or any other types of data issues, feel free to send me a private message or contact us at 1-800-922-0204 from an alternate device for additional troubleshooting.   Thank you...
Hello dbmethods,   May I ask is there an email account already setup on your Fascinate? Are you able to send & rec emails from the original Gamma acct? Just to make sure that we cover all the b... See more...
Hello dbmethods,   May I ask is there an email account already setup on your Fascinate? Are you able to send & rec emails from the original Gamma acct? Just to make sure that we cover all the bases, may I have you verify that you are able to browse the web on the device's browser. Also, have you verified that the mail settings on the Gmail that you are trying to setup has POP enabled? If so, I would recommend changing your Gmail password and try to set it up on the device. If it's successful, you can change your password back to the desired phrase and update the password on the device. I have taken the liberty to post the POP server info below.   incoming server settings (POP) pop.gmail.com incoming port 995 SSL - yes     incoming server settings (MAP) imap.gmail.com incoming port 993 SSL - yes   outgoing server settings (POP or IMAP) smtp.gmail.com outgoing port 465 or 587 SSL - yes   Hope this helps. If you have any add'l questions, don't hesitate to reply to this posting.
Thanks Silver6055 for the response. In addition to the network mode, I have some tips posted below to assist with extending the battery life.     Select a shorter backlight duration Lower th... See more...
Thanks Silver6055 for the response. In addition to the network mode, I have some tips posted below to assist with extending the battery life.     Select a shorter backlight duration Lower the display brightness Turn Bluetooth off when not in use Turn Wi-Fi off when not in use Certain applications may be drawing excessive battery power. If you are experiencing shorter battery life after downloading an application try uninstalling the application. Close any third party applications running in the background Playing music, videos and viewing images in your phone will affect your battery life.     Hope this helps...
Here is a link to our website where you can register to get info on devices that are coming soon.   https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV  
You are correct djdisner. V-Cast Media Manager does not support the LG Accolade nor is there a 64-bit version of V-Cast Media Manager.  The messaging option is the best method. Just an FYI, to se... See more...
You are correct djdisner. V-Cast Media Manager does not support the LG Accolade nor is there a 64-bit version of V-Cast Media Manager.  The messaging option is the best method. Just an FYI, to send pictures to your pc, the steps are below.    1.  Open the picture gallery and select the pictures 2.  Select "options" then "send" 3.  Select "To Online Album".   Once the picture has been sent, it can be viewed at www.vzwpix.com once you login with the "My Verizon" password.    Best of luck...  
May I ask is wifi or bluetooth active on both devices. If so, I recommend to turn wifi and bluetooth off when not using it. Also, verify that there isn't any dust or debris in the headset jack. O... See more...
May I ask is wifi or bluetooth active on both devices. If so, I recommend to turn wifi and bluetooth off when not using it. Also, verify that there isn't any dust or debris in the headset jack. Often times, dust will cause the device to think that a headset plugged in.