Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,350 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

Android_Optimizer's Correct Answers

According to this: Live Chat FAQs | Verizon Wireless Live chat will only appear when it is within their operating hours, and only when there is a representative available.
Do you have things backing up / syncing to a cloud? If its doing that every day with pictures, video, or messages containing large files like that its going to eat up your data fast. Go into S... See more...
Do you have things backing up / syncing to a cloud? If its doing that every day with pictures, video, or messages containing large files like that its going to eat up your data fast. Go into Settings -> Data useage and it will list what apps you have, and how much data each is consuming. elimanate the problem ones by clicking on the app name in that screen then scroll down and put a check in Restrict background data.
Are you sure it says its "Verizon Location Service Agent" and not just "Verizon Location Agent". Its also strange that its telling you that is sending "SMS messages" Verizon Location Agent is a l... See more...
Are you sure it says its "Verizon Location Service Agent" and not just "Verizon Location Agent". Its also strange that its telling you that is sending "SMS messages" Verizon Location Agent is a legitimate app/service, but the "service agent" I don't know about. ShadowWolfieX I don't know about the about the Kyocera Hydro Elite phone you have, and what features you do, or don't have with that phone and its OS, but here are a couple of things I recommend: There is a Verizon app called VZ Protect (also know as Verizon Support and Protect) that guards against viruses and malware. I recommend installing that from the Google app store, and scan your system to make sure it isn't a virus or malware pretending to be a Verizon feature. You said you turned off your location and gps settings, but in your locations area in settings do you have a Mode area, and if so what do you have it set to there? Usually options are something like: high accuracy, battery saving, and device only. You may want to try with device only selected if that is an option. If it really is the Verizon Location Agent. You should be able to stop and disable the service/app by going into App Manager -> and swipe over to running or all, select Verizon Location Agent. If you're in Running you can only stop the services, but if you go to All you should have both a Force Stop, and a Disable option. Try setting it to disabled, and see if you have any problems with any of your apps, mobile data connection, or phone calls after. If you don't have any issues after you've disabled it then you can probably leave it that way.
It depends on if you want to restrict your phone in certain ways. When set to LTE/CDMA your phone will be able to use either LTE or CDMA, but if you set it to only CDMA then you will not be able ... See more...
It depends on if you want to restrict your phone in certain ways. When set to LTE/CDMA your phone will be able to use either LTE or CDMA, but if you set it to only CDMA then you will not be able to use the faster LTE network (which also might be available or work better in certain areas then CDMA by itself). If you're worried about your data limit using CDMA will transmit slower, so you may do less over it, and use less data. If speed and connections are important to you then changing to the network with the most options should work best for you. If you have Global as an option too then I'd recommend using that. Some people have stated MMS sends faster when set to Global over the other options. Additionally others have said having Global set leads to less time that the phone is searching for signals. A person in Texas reported when set to LTE/CDMA his/her phone would search for a signal for up to 2 minutes when switching between towers, but when it was set to Global it took 10-15 seconds in those same areas. On my old phone (a Samsung Stratosphere) it only had the LTE/CDMA, and CDMA options, and their would be times when my texts (and/or picture messages) didn't go out (staying in pending status), and times when it would say pending and actually have sent. With my new phone (a HTC One m8 set to Global) everything sends right away. I also find places were I encountered low signals, or slow connections with my old phone seem to be connected at 4G LTE, have stronger signal strength, and faster speeds with my new phone. While the phone itself, the texting app (default on the old phone, but Verizon Message on the new), and other things (Android version 2.x vs 4.4.2) may have been factors in the issues I believe the Global setting is a big reason why things run so smoothly and quickly now.