Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,002 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

mortb's Correct Answers

As said, unless you backed them up they are lost. As far as saving photos, music, videos on the SD card, they should automatically be put there after they are saved.
Are you connected to Facebook? This may also be true of other social networks. When I was linked with Facebook, I would continuously get friends and friends of friends pushed into my contacts. I ... See more...
Are you connected to Facebook? This may also be true of other social networks. When I was linked with Facebook, I would continuously get friends and friends of friends pushed into my contacts. I finally unlinked myself from Facebook and that never happened again. I'm still on Facebook, but with my computer only, not my cell phone. You might also try going into Contacts>Menu>Settings and check off Only Contacts with Phones (the very first line).
If you do not want or need a pre-installed apps, Settings>Application manager and open it. Scroll left to "ALL". Scroll down the list until you come to an apps you do not want, click on it and cl... See more...
If you do not want or need a pre-installed apps, Settings>Application manager and open it. Scroll left to "ALL". Scroll down the list until you come to an apps you do not want, click on it and click on "Turn Off."  You might have to uninstall any updates before you can turn off the apps. It will disappear from your Apps Drawer and will not take any battery usage or memory. For all practical purposes, it is no longer on the phone.
Broke down and got a Galaxy Gear to go along with my Galaxy Note 3. Yes, I love it. I can't wait for more apps to become available. One suggestion, it should be strongly said that so far, the Gea... See more...
Broke down and got a Galaxy Gear to go along with my Galaxy Note 3. Yes, I love it. I can't wait for more apps to become available. One suggestion, it should be strongly said that so far, the Gear only can work with the Note 3 and the tablet Note 10.1. I had a friend come over the other day to show off his new "watch." However, he complained that he couldn't really use it. I had to give him the bad news that it will not, he has an Apple I-phone. He told me that he didn't know. I think that people who want to purchase a Galaxy Gear should be asked what phone (or tablet) they currently have, and if they do not have a compatible instrument be informed that the Gear will not work. If they still want to buy one, they know the score, so sell them one. I bet more people would say, "Thank you for the info, I didn't know."
This is good for almost all Android phones. Go to Settings>display and make sure "auto-rotate screen" is checked. That should get you into landscape mode when you put the phone into a horizontal... See more...
This is good for almost all Android phones. Go to Settings>display and make sure "auto-rotate screen" is checked. That should get you into landscape mode when you put the phone into a horizontal positions. As for dumping an unwanted downloaded apps., again, Settings>Application Manager. Scroll to the apps you want to delete and tap on it and then the delete button. Hope this helps.
But you did set me on the right track, just not the same track as your phone. I tapped on Settings>Data Usage. Then I tapped on the menu key and found Auto Sync data. It was unchecked so I went a... See more...
But you did set me on the right track, just not the same track as your phone. I tapped on Settings>Data Usage. Then I tapped on the menu key and found Auto Sync data. It was unchecked so I went ahead and checked it. That seemed to do the trick. Now I'm getting synced mail from my Gmail and Hotmail accounts as well as my K-9 Account. Thanks for putting me onto the right track.
When you plug the phone into the computer, the phone (SD card) becomes a hard drive on the computer and will NOT be available OR viewable on the phone. It becomes, if you will, the property of th... See more...
When you plug the phone into the computer, the phone (SD card) becomes a hard drive on the computer and will NOT be available OR viewable on the phone. It becomes, if you will, the property of the computer. This way, you can click and drag items from the new hard drive (SD card) to the computer and visa versa. Again, the SD card becomes unusable/unseeable on the phone whenever you have it plugged into the computer.
According to the manual, yes. Any phone with the S-beam capability will share data.
As in any country, dialects rule. However, there is a basic language that everyone can understand. In China, Mandarin Chinese, also called Simple Chinese, is understood from Manchuria to Hong Kon... See more...
As in any country, dialects rule. However, there is a basic language that everyone can understand. In China, Mandarin Chinese, also called Simple Chinese, is understood from Manchuria to Hong Kong. Google Translate, as I stated, is the one I use. And it's free.
All smartphones require that you have a data plan. Unfortunately, there is no way around it.
Yes, apps can be put onto your SD card and run just as smooth. By putting your apps on the SD card, you are freeing up space for more internal operations, and make them run a bit faster. Some pho... See more...
Yes, apps can be put onto your SD card and run just as smooth. By putting your apps on the SD card, you are freeing up space for more internal operations, and make them run a bit faster. Some phones also will allow more contacts to be put into the internal memory. Depending on your phone, you want to go into Settings>Applications>Manage Applications (If you have Ice Cream Sandwich, you merely go into Settings>Apps). Next check each apps you would like to move to see where they are now. If they are in internal memory, the "Move to SD" should be bright. Simply click on that and the apps will be moved to the SD card. It's a little time consuming, but that is the only way to move the apps. As for the Cloud, that's great, except for one minor detail, your PC or Mac has to always be on to connect to your cell phone. If your PC or Mac is off, Cloud will not work. That is also true of Sky Drive.
If you have a Google account the calendar should automatically be synched between the PC<----->Razr. As for synching contacts, if you add a new contact to your Razr, it should automatically be ad... See more...
If you have a Google account the calendar should automatically be synched between the PC<----->Razr. As for synching contacts, if you add a new contact to your Razr, it should automatically be added to your list of contacts on your PC in your Gmail account.
We have three big Verizon stores in this area and one smaller one. I've been to two of them on several occasions and each time there are sales reps waiting at the front door to assist you. I've n... See more...
We have three big Verizon stores in this area and one smaller one. I've been to two of them on several occasions and each time there are sales reps waiting at the front door to assist you. I've never had one try to cram something down my throat. I have had them make suggestions, which is fine. I could either say yes or no. If I said no, they never got huffy. If they did, I would do exactly what you did...walk out. Truthfully, I think this sales rep was out of line, and I probably would have reported her behavior to corporate. I am very lucky to have two very good stores with very knowledgeable, helpful sales and service reps. The other two stores are probably as good, it's just that the two I go to for help are closer to me than the other two. And I agree with jimfitzgerald, she probably wasn't lying but trying to make a sale. Used car salesmen tactics. Can't say I've never dropped a cell phone, I'm just fortunate that they lived to work another day.
Connect your Droid to your computer using the supplied USB cord. Give them time to "see" each other. On your computer, click on "Computer" and see if you have a new hard drive. if so, just click ... See more...
Connect your Droid to your computer using the supplied USB cord. Give them time to "see" each other. On your computer, click on "Computer" and see if you have a new hard drive. if so, just click on it and scroll down to "DCIM" > SD > Thumbnails. Find the photos you want and drag them to where you want to put them in your computer.
Just now read that the Spectrum does not have a notification light. Interesting.
If you have a gmail account and have synch on, everything should be automatic and you don't have to do a thing. Contacts should be backed up automatically.
Have you tried opening your gallery  and open the "all photos selection. Next tap on the menu. Here you have a "select items" option, tap on it. Next, tap on the photos you want to delete. Tap on... See more...
Have you tried opening your gallery  and open the "all photos selection. Next tap on the menu. Here you have a "select items" option, tap on it. Next, tap on the photos you want to delete. Tap on the menu button again and tap on delete.
If I am reading you correctly, tap on "My Accounts". Tap on the carrier you wish to delete the Emails from. Tap on "Folders" and then on "Inbox" (assuming this is where they are all found). Tap o... See more...
If I am reading you correctly, tap on "My Accounts". Tap on the carrier you wish to delete the Emails from. Tap on "Folders" and then on "Inbox" (assuming this is where they are all found). Tap on the menu key and then on "Select All." Finally, tap on "Delete." You then might want to go to the "Trash" folder and do the same thing to clear them all out. However, if you have a Gmail account. You cannot do this since Google controls the mail and deletes Emails older than 30 days, unless you move them to another folder.
Tap and hold the apps (these are apps) and a menu will come up. Tap on "Change Shortcut" and replace the ones you want to replace.