Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,501 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

jrh4054's Correct Answers

You can stop the download, but you have to do it every day.  I did it with my S7 because of issues I read about here.  My phone hasn't been updated for over a year and it's working well.  These s... See more...
You can stop the download, but you have to do it every day.  I did it with my S7 because of issues I read about here.  My phone hasn't been updated for over a year and it's working well.  These system updates very often cause serious problems, some of which can't be fixed. I know this isn't the way it is supposed to work but unfortunately it happens way too often.  You'd think the manufacturers would have figured this out long ago.
With the S7, to get to the MTP, you have to activate the Developer options setting.  Go to settings, then About phone and scroll down to Build number.  Tap on Build number 7 times. This will acti... See more...
With the S7, to get to the MTP, you have to activate the Developer options setting.  Go to settings, then About phone and scroll down to Build number.  Tap on Build number 7 times. This will activate the Developer options.  Once you do that, turn on USB debugging then scroll down to USB configuration and switch from Charging to MTP.  Then you should be able to transfer your pics to a computer.
The phone antenna may be bad.
You need to call VZW customer service, take the phone to a VZW-owned store, or to the Samsung desk at a Best Buy.
If the back is open, your phone is damaged.  If you have insurance, make a claim.  If you don't, you need to contact Samsung.
Turn the volume down until you see the sound icon with a line through it in the notification bar at the top of the screen.
Here is the link.  https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-80200/
To recover what you lost, you would have had to have backed it up using one of the several backup apps or the Verizon Cloud.
Twitter@VZWsupport, there is no Drive option.  I think ROBLEM59 is referring to his email.  If using the default email program, you go to the trash folder, click on MORE, then Delete all.
The apps and their data usage are shown when you scroll down the Data usage screen that you select from the Settings.
Unfortunately, you can't go back.
When you're roaming, there is a triangle icon that displays on the status bar.  There is also a 'R' next to the signal bars in the status bar.  In the mobile network settings, you can enable or d... See more...
When you're roaming, there is a triangle icon that displays on the status bar.  There is also a 'R' next to the signal bars in the status bar.  In the mobile network settings, you can enable or disable your connection to data services when the phone is roaming.
That's all the memory any S4 has.  The rest of the 16GB the phone has is taken up by the operating system, and Samsung and VZW bloatware.
You don't need an app to do this.  Here's how you get the battery info.  Go to Settings>More>Battery. This will show you all the active apps and their individual battery usage.
I had the same problem.  I fixed it by deleting the email account then adding it back.
You can delay the update.  Eventually, you will be forced to download and install it.  When the download window pops up, I set the download to go in the early morning hours, and turn my phone off... See more...
You can delay the update.  Eventually, you will be forced to download and install it.  When the download window pops up, I set the download to go in the early morning hours, and turn my phone off at night.  I always turn the phone off at night anyway.  So far this has worked.  Hopefully, the VZW/Samsung people can fix the NG6 problems before we are forced to install it.
Unfortunately in the end, while you can delay it for a while, ultimately you can't stop the update.  I don't understand why VZW/Samsung continue to push these updates even after problems become e... See more...
Unfortunately in the end, while you can delay it for a while, ultimately you can't stop the update.  I don't understand why VZW/Samsung continue to push these updates even after problems become evident as soon as users get them.  With exception of one, I have had major issues with each system upgrade on several Samsung phones I've had recently.  Because of this, I'm serious considering the Motorola Droid Turbo, which VZW will announce on 10-28.
I have three widgets, any or all of which can be dragged to a home screen.  They are 'contact', 'direct dial', and 'direct message'.  After dragging to the home screen you can assign a contract t... See more...
I have three widgets, any or all of which can be dragged to a home screen.  They are 'contact', 'direct dial', and 'direct message'.  After dragging to the home screen you can assign a contract to each.
There is a way to download your apps to your phone.  Make sure your phone is logged into your Google account.  Then log in to the Play Store on a PC.  Click on 'MY ANDROID APPS".  Then, you will ... See more...
There is a way to download your apps to your phone.  Make sure your phone is logged into your Google account.  Then log in to the Play Store on a PC.  Click on 'MY ANDROID APPS".  Then, you will see all the apps currently installed on your phone (to see all the apps there is progress bar below the list), and below that you will see other apps that you have installed and removed (progress bar there too).  Under each app's icon, you will see  'install' , 'installed, and 'system app' buttons.  Click the 'install' button to install each app.  The next window shows the app icon and another 'install' button.  When you click this button, the app is instantly installed on your phone.  It's pretty amazing how fast the install is. 
There are several things you can do to save your battery.  If this is your first smart phone, you need to get used to it being a 'battery eater', as all smart phones are to some degree. Heres ... See more...
There are several things you can do to save your battery.  If this is your first smart phone, you need to get used to it being a 'battery eater', as all smart phones are to some degree. Heres the link (it's the word 'download' at the very bottom of the page) to download the Lucid user's guide (see pages 22-23): http://www.pdfuu.com/verizon-lg-lucid-manual-user-guide-in-english-and-spanish.html