Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,150 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions

kaebfly's Correct Answers

Haven't had this issue on my iPhone 7 Plus or the other one in my household. Not aware of anyone else in my area having issues with reception or dropped calls either so I can only assume that the... See more...
Haven't had this issue on my iPhone 7 Plus or the other one in my household. Not aware of anyone else in my area having issues with reception or dropped calls either so I can only assume that the issues some are having may be due to their areas...or everyone around my area have been lucky and have devices that don't have an issue.
No. You can have Apple do it (you will need to do this if it is still otherwise under warranty). Or you can check your area for Apple repair facilities to have to it done. If you have AppleCare t... See more...
No. You can have Apple do it (you will need to do this if it is still otherwise under warranty). Or you can check your area for Apple repair facilities to have to it done. If you have AppleCare then it's $49. Otherwise it's: Out-of-warranty* cost: iPad mini, iPad mini 2: $199 iPad, iPad 2, iPad Air: $249 iPad 3rd generation, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2: $299 iPad Pro 9.7-inch: $379 iPad Pro 12.9-inch: $599
It doesn't cost you (other than minutes) to accept an incoming call from Australia. It will however cost them per minute based on whatever their carrier charges 
If you were using the Verizon Cloud you should be able to. I'm not familiar with your device specific Cloud you may have had access to (like Apple has iCloud) but if you used anything like Google... See more...
If you were using the Verizon Cloud you should be able to. I'm not familiar with your device specific Cloud you may have had access to (like Apple has iCloud) but if you used anything like Google to store your contacts you should also be able to get your contacts back that way also
Issue resolved itself. Tried it again today and it suddenly worked. Gotta love technology lol
If you have an Apple Store in your area then I would go to them to have them check it out. If you are still within the 14 day return period you can go to Verizon to have it exchanged for a new de... See more...
If you have an Apple Store in your area then I would go to them to have them check it out. If you are still within the 14 day return period you can go to Verizon to have it exchanged for a new device due to defect. But if are past that timeframe they will have to do a warranty replacement. In that case I would strongly recommend dealing with Apple directly if possible.
If it's available for store pickup then you can do so. You just can't do it via this forum.
Verizon's steps: Voicemail Setup - Apple iPhone 7 / 7 Plus | Verizon Wireless 
Do you by any chance have Wifi Assist activated on your devices? That may be the problem...if the wireless signal is stronger than the wifi signals. Checked with multiple iPhone users that I know... See more...
Do you by any chance have Wifi Assist activated on your devices? That may be the problem...if the wireless signal is stronger than the wifi signals. Checked with multiple iPhone users that I know and none are having issues with their devices staying connected either. You can call Apple (assuming you're still under warranty) or visit an Apple Store to get them to help you troubleshoot but the usuals you can do on your own to save yourself the trouble (if they fix the issue). Make sure wifi assist is off. Make sure your iOS is up to date on all devices. Check your wifi router. If you're out in public the issue can exist if the free wifi is being used by a lot of people at once. Restore your devices to see if that helps. Apple will have you do these things anyway.
As mentioned, the "disease" occurs to phones that have been dropped so it's not a design flaw but more of a problem that happens after an action occurs enough to trigger it. Those that don't have... See more...
As mentioned, the "disease" occurs to phones that have been dropped so it's not a design flaw but more of a problem that happens after an action occurs enough to trigger it. Those that don't have significant enough drops to trigger it (and drops are not something your phone is designed to withstand anyway) don't see the "disease" occur on their devices. Apple is choosing to extend a fix that is cheaper than paying their out of warranty repair price ($329 I believe). Have to look at the positives of this.
Was this an Apple iCloud purchase or a Verizon Cloud purchase? If it's Apple then you will need to contact their CS to see if they will allow a one time refund or at least cancel future payments.... See more...
Was this an Apple iCloud purchase or a Verizon Cloud purchase? If it's Apple then you will need to contact their CS to see if they will allow a one time refund or at least cancel future payments. In many cases though you may not be given a refund as sales are final but it never hurts to ask.  You can't buy more physical storage for your device except by buying a new device.
Follow the steps in the following link from Apple. What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support 
You will need to create a new Apple ID for one of the devices. https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create  Create and start using an Apple ID - Apple Support
It's taking so long because it's a popular release as all iPhone releases tend to be. You can check with your local stores to see if they have what you want in stock. If they do then you can canc... See more...
It's taking so long because it's a popular release as all iPhone releases tend to be. You can check with your local stores to see if they have what you want in stock. If they do then you can cancel your order and buy it in store. Otherwise there isn't much you can do but wait. It may ship sooner if it becomes available to do so but you won't know that until it's actually updated.
As mentioned, in order to get the latest iTunes update (and likely the one needed for your iPhone especially if it has iOS 10 on it and perhaps ios 9...not sure about that though) you would need ... See more...
As mentioned, in order to get the latest iTunes update (and likely the one needed for your iPhone especially if it has iOS 10 on it and perhaps ios 9...not sure about that though) you would need at least Windows 7 on your PC. 12.5.1 is the latest version of itunes so see if you can update (requirements show that you need Windows 7 or later so you may not be able to). You would either need to update your Windows or use a different computer. Not sure if you can still update to Windows 10 for free but you can check on Microsoft website.
Usually this happens when something (such as debris) gets stuck on the jack or if there is some damage like water damage that wasn't noticed...or if it's a software issue. Doing a quick google se... See more...
Usually this happens when something (such as debris) gets stuck on the jack or if there is some damage like water damage that wasn't noticed...or if it's a software issue. Doing a quick google search suggested resetting network settings (Via the Apple Support forums). Also making sure there is no debris in the port. If you're still under warranty and have an Apple Store nearby I would take it to them so they can troubleshoot. May be something pretty simple.
Your options are: 1. if under a year old and still covered under warranty having it replaced under warranty with the same model. You won't get an iPhone 7 or anything like that. 2. if it's n... See more...
Your options are: 1. if under a year old and still covered under warranty having it replaced under warranty with the same model. You won't get an iPhone 7 or anything like that. 2. if it's not under warranty getting it repaired yourself unless you pay for insurance or have AppleCare+. It would still be repaired or replaced with the same model. You wI'll continue to owe the balance of your DPP unless you're eligible to trade it in for a new device BUT if it's deemed to not be in good working order (which it sounds like you're saying it's not) then you aren't eligible and you will be charged for the remaining balance.
Your radio in your car may need a firmware update if available. It's not an issue with the iPhone itself...it's a compatability issue with your radio. Check with Toyota to see if there is a firmw... See more...
Your radio in your car may need a firmware update if available. It's not an issue with the iPhone itself...it's a compatability issue with your radio. Check with Toyota to see if there is a firmware update available (assuming the radio is an OEM radio and not an aftermarket one. If it's aftermarket check with the manufacturer of the radio to see if there is a firmware update available.
Unfortunately "loyalty" isn't the issue. You aren't eligible because you don't meet the requirements of the offer. You opted to remain on 2 year contracts versus doing device payment plans or pay... See more...
Unfortunately "loyalty" isn't the issue. You aren't eligible because you don't meet the requirements of the offer. You opted to remain on 2 year contracts versus doing device payment plans or paying full retail upfront...likely because the contract option was more appealing to you. The tradeoff for that is that you aren't eligible for deals that require that you do a device payment plan (you can't because you haven't completed your contractual obligation) and that you trade in a phone that is eligible (which means it's paid off and is eligible for trade in. Subsidized phones are not paid off in full  the contract is completed). Ultimately it wouldn't matter what carrier you were with for any amount of loyalty time...they would tell you the same thing about these promotions. You aren't eligible. You were able to get your device for cheaper than full retail in exchange for being locked to it for 2 years unless a special early upgrade offer is extended to you. It would not be the same type of deal as these for DPP's of course...and you would be locked to that phone for another term. Where those that have opted for the DPP options are free to upgrade whenever they want if they meet the requiremments. For some it's paying 50% of the full retail of the device (i.e. The annual iPhone upgrade option). It's something to consider moving forward...if two year agreements are still beneficial to you or if you might want to consider moving over to the DPP option.
Depending on what iOS your iPhone has (needs to be iOS 8 or higher) youcan follow the instructions in this Apple article iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone