Never mind ...box was waiting for me yesterday when I got home..EXACTLY 8 weeks by schedule.
Found it. Apps > Samsung > My Files. Select Internal Storage > DCIM > Camera. Select items > Select Vertical three dots in the upper right > Move > SD Card >Select or create a destinati... See more...
Found it. Apps > Samsung > My Files. Select Internal Storage > DCIM > Camera. Select items > Select Vertical three dots in the upper right > Move > SD Card >Select or create a destination folder > Select Done. For Verizon/Samsung:  A better idea would be to have "Move (or Save) to SD Card" directly on the selection/save menu for each pic/vid instead if having to go into the files area.  If pics/vids can be shared across multiple drives, messaging etc, why not an easy move to the SD card?
I found it...more by accident than success I connected my phone to my PC and rather than importing vids and photos, clicked on open files and all of the phone files came up.  Voicemails are... See more...
I found it...more by accident than success I connected my phone to my PC and rather than importing vids and photos, clicked on open files and all of the phone files came up.  Voicemails are saved in the VisualVoiceMail file as .amr files. I think I found the text messages as well but there is no file "extension;" it just says file so I can't open them on the PC to check.  Those, I think, are in the file  VZMessages.
Limited information there , but I'll take a stab. I had the same issue, I think.  The keyboard letters would show up as usual when being tapped but nothing would type on the screen.  My only... See more...
Limited information there , but I'll take a stab. I had the same issue, I think.  The keyboard letters would show up as usual when being tapped but nothing would type on the screen.  My only two options was to restart the phone, or, what I found that seemed to work was to leave whichever app completely and go back in.  Frustrating but it seemed to kickstart the keyboard again. I also went in to Settings, Language and Input and selected Samsung Keyboard.  Then, I went down to Keyboard swipe and changed the setting to None and turned off Predictive Text (which turns off the auto-correct and such).  Not sure if that actually did anything but it seemed to stop the freezing up. Apparently there are other keyboards available from the app store but I didn't go into the research there.
There are two credits.  The first $25.00 for round 1 of the recall.  Given the timing everyone who had the first Note 7 should have received this credit by now.  In round 2, the $100 credit was o... See more...
There are two credits.  The first $25.00 for round 1 of the recall.  Given the timing everyone who had the first Note 7 should have received this credit by now.  In round 2, the $100 credit was originally supposed to be applied within 1-2 billing cycles if the user opted for another Samsung device, or $25 if the user opted for another type phone or declined an exchange all together.  The newest word and experience looks like the second credit is applied on day one of the start of the third billing cycle.  Still not sure if this reflects the actual receipt of the Note by Verizon.  I know two people had return verification on the same day and two weeks later hit their third billing cycle at which time the credit was applied.  It may be that people who have not as yet returned the phone, but are on their third (or more) billing cycle, may not see the credit applied until after the phone is returned.  Just a guess until someone who hasn't returned their phone, but fall into the third billing cycle time frame, chime in
The Note was recalled and is no longer sold; no carrier is going to activate it.  The only ones still activated are the ones that were already activated prior to the recall.  Samsung is, even now... See more...
The Note was recalled and is no longer sold; no carrier is going to activate it.  The only ones still activated are the ones that were already activated prior to the recall.  Samsung is, even now, trying to push an update to the Notes that will permanently deactivate the phone in order to force the issue of getting people to return them.
I'll add on to Weth's response .  Weth is correct that Amazon is refunding Note 7 accessory purchases; this is not an automatic credit however.  If you purchased through Amazon, you need to pro... See more...
I'll add on to Weth's response .  Weth is correct that Amazon is refunding Note 7 accessory purchases; this is not an automatic credit however.  If you purchased through Amazon, you need to process the return as a regular refund/return.  I am not sure if accessories actually need to be returned.  When you process the return request, a mailing label will be made available, however, my account was credited the same day I dropped the                          items off for the return so obviously Amazon could not have received them back before processing the credit. Full refunds are being given.  If they do not refund the shipping, open up a chat window and the rep will credit back the shipping fees.  In my case I had free shipping when the items came to me; the shipping fees I was charged, and credited back, were the returned item shipping fees.
Your account will reflect the new purchase/exchange so the credit will be credited accordingly regardless of how the phone is returned.   Two possible return routes; Best Buy, if they are willing... See more...
Your account will reflect the new purchase/exchange so the credit will be credited accordingly regardless of how the phone is returned.   Two possible return routes; Best Buy, if they are willing to take the phone, or through the return process using the shipping box that should arrive within one to two weeks of your new phone purchase. Verizon is indicating it will take 1-2 billing cycles for the credit to appear on your bill.
Latest chat with a rep on the same question...the box will arrive 1-2 weeks after the date of phone purchase/trade-in etc.  If it doesn't arrive, you'll need to call the CS Dept and request anoth... See more...
Latest chat with a rep on the same question...the box will arrive 1-2 weeks after the date of phone purchase/trade-in etc.  If it doesn't arrive, you'll need to call the CS Dept and request another box.  You have 30 days from the date the box is SENT (reset accordingly if you need to request a second box), to return the pone or Samsung will charge you the full retail cost.
I was finally able to take a few minutes to address the problem again .  In trying to locate the app to load another e-mail address, I believe I stumbled on the solution.  So, for anyone having... See more...
I was finally able to take a few minutes to address the problem again .  In trying to locate the app to load another e-mail address, I believe I stumbled on the solution.  So, for anyone having the same issue, on the main inbox screen that comes up, go over to the right and click on the vertical dots; select Settings.  Once in Settings, select the e-mail address in the accounts listing.   Go down to sync settings and look at the two headers, Limit Retrieval Size and Limit Retrieval Size While Roaming.  If you click on those, retrieval sizes will come up; the default seems to be 20 KB.  Any message larger than the retrieval size setting will bring up that "Load More" button when you go to view the e-mail but will never completely download if the retrieval size isn't large enough. Playing with it, nothing that brought up the Load More button would successfully load unless the setting was set to No Limit, even if the message information indicated it was 20KB, 30KB etc (I checked the header and size info on my desktop access). AndreaS..I appreciate the help and attention