Contact "Verizon Communications" online. They will have all the info you need.
It dosent matter how long you have been with Verizon. Once you upgrade you will lose unlimited. I am suprised that when you paid full that you lost it. why did you have to change it to pre ord... Ver más...
It dosent matter how long you have been with Verizon. Once you upgrade you will lose unlimited. I am suprised that when you paid full that you lost it. why did you have to change it to pre order it?
plus with edge, there are no upgrade fees.
You wouldn't HAVE to, but you could. Your bill would just go to your new address.
He dose not have to be with you if you are listed as an account manager.  They can be added by calling customer service or going on Myverizon.  Account Managers can do a lot of what the account m... Ver más...
He dose not have to be with you if you are listed as an account manager.  They can be added by calling customer service or going on Myverizon.  Account Managers can do a lot of what the account manager can do. Here is a chart on everything they can do: My Verizon Account Access Roles
The contract would have to completed to a chance to be on edge. Some lines can have an early edge promo on them, but that would just be random lines, so the easiest way to know for sure is to fin... Ver más...
The contract would have to completed to a chance to be on edge. Some lines can have an early edge promo on them, but that would just be random lines, so the easiest way to know for sure is to finsh the contract.
I am not sure then. Call customer service *611 and see if they know what is going on??
Try calling into customer care and pay it that way. You could go to the store and pay cash.  You could also try a different credit card.
This would be the wrong place to ask that question, due to this being a customer to customer forum.  I feel like you would have to talk to customer service for advice (even tho you already did th... Ver más...
This would be the wrong place to ask that question, due to this being a customer to customer forum.  I feel like you would have to talk to customer service for advice (even tho you already did that.) What I would do is contact my lawyer and see if she knows of anything to do. That could be expensive if you were to have to take legal action. The other thing I would do is just pay the money.  I know it isn't fair, but you can pay $55 and they will leave you alone.
I still stand by my answer.  You end up paying less with edge then you would have for the phone.  It is more monthly, but less up front and overall the phone is cheaper. Here is how I look at ... Ver más...
I still stand by my answer.  You end up paying less with edge then you would have for the phone.  It is more monthly, but less up front and overall the phone is cheaper. Here is how I look at it: A) Phone is $499+$30=$529 with a contract. B) Phone is $34.41-$15=$19.41/month without a contract. $19.41x24=$465.84 total for the phone. In "A" you do pay less per month, but in "B" you are saving on the phone ($63.16 less).  The edge works out better over all.  You wanted a way to save on the phone and that happened.
For a customer of 10 years to never read the customer agreement...: "HOW AND WHEN CAN I DISPUTE CHARGES? If you're a Postpay customer, you can dispute your bill within 180 days of receiving i... Ver más...
For a customer of 10 years to never read the customer agreement...: "HOW AND WHEN CAN I DISPUTE CHARGES? Si eres cliente del Servicio Pospago, puedes impugnar tu factura dentro de los 180 días siguientes a la fecha que la recibiste, pero a menos que lo establezca la ley de otro modo o salvo que impugnes cargos por la pérdida o robo de tu dispositivo móvil, tienes que pagar todos los cargos hasta que se resuelva la impugnación. Si usted es un cliente prepagado, puede disputar un cargo dentro de los 180 días posteriores a la fecha en que se incurrió el cargo en cuestión. USTED PUEDE LLAMARNOS PARA IMPUGNAR LOS CARGOS EN SU FACTURA O QUE SE LE COBREN EN CONCEPTO DE SERVICIOS DE CUALQUIER TIPO, PERO SI DESEA PRESERVAR SU DERECHO A PRESENTAR UN ARBITRAJE O RECLAMACIONES DE MENOR CUANTÍA DE ACUERDO CON TAL IMPUGNACIÓN, DEBERÁ COMUNICARSE CON NUESTRO SERVICIO AL CLIENTE ESCRIBIENDO A LA DIRECCIÓN QUE APARECE EN SU FACTURA O ENVIARNOS UN FORMULARIO DE SOLICITUD DE MEDIACIÓN CON TODOS LOS DATOS (DISPONIBLE EN VERIZONWIRELESS.COM), DURANTE EL PERÍODO DE 180 DÍAS, ANTERIORMENTE MENCIONADO. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US IN WRITING OF SUCH DISPUTE WITHIN THE 180-DAY PERIOD, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL OR SUCH SERVICE(S) AND TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING ANY SUCH DISPUTE." SEE FULL AGGREEMENT HERE: Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless
Which hotspot device did you buy? How much did it cost? Did you read what you signed? If you paid anything less then the full retail of any device then it would require a 2 year contract.  Tha... Ver más...
Which hotspot device did you buy? How much did it cost? Did you read what you signed? If you paid anything less then the full retail of any device then it would require a 2 year contract.  That is how they get their money.  The mobile hotspots at full retail are around 199.99-249.99 (plus an activation fee). If you paid anything less then that then you would have had a contract. When ever you sign anything, make sure to read it.  If you bought something without a contract, then what would you have to sign for? That would have put up a red flag for me.  Sorry it was a horrible expirence, but you are stuck to what you signed.  (plus-"I probably had to sign 8 different times during this process." You could have asked to read what you were signing at least one time.)    
As per the custome aggrement: "CAN I TAKE MY WIRELESS PHONE NUMBER TO ANOTHER CARRIER? Usted podría llevar o “transferir” su número de teléfono móvil a otro proveedor de servicio.  If you port a number... Ver más...
As per the custome aggrement: "CAN I TAKE MY WIRELESS PHONE NUMBER TO ANOTHER CARRIER? Usted podría llevar o “transferir” su número de teléfono móvil a otro proveedor de servicio.  Si transfieres un número que tengas con nosotros, entenderemos que nos estás solicitando la cancelación de tu Servicio para ese número. Una vez que se complete el proceso de transferencia, no podrás usar nuestro servicio para ese número, pero seguirás siendo responsable del pago de todos los cargos hasta el final de ese ciclo de facturación, como en cualquier otra cancelación.  Si eres cliente del Servicio Prepaid, no tendrás derecho a recibir un reembolso por ningún saldo en tu cuenta. Si nos transfiere un número de teléfono a nuestra compañía, por favor tenga en cuenta que es probable que no podamos proveerle de inmediato algunos servicios, tales como los servicios de ubicación 911.  You don't have any rights to your wireless phone number, except for any right you may have to port it." I am not sure how easy they will take it.  You could just go the carrier that you want your number moved too and they will contact verizon and cancel for you.
Go to this site here--Verizon.     Fill out the questionaire. They will look into it.  Other people have had that same issue also.
When you cancel your services, so have to pay for the full month you are in as per the contract that we all signed. See it here- Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless "CAN I TAKE MY WIRELE... Ver más...
When you cancel your services, so have to pay for the full month you are in as per the contract that we all signed. See it here- Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless "CAN I TAKE MY WIRELESS PHONE NUMBER TO ANOTHER CARRIER? Usted podría llevar o “transferir” su número de teléfono móvil a otro proveedor de servicio.  Si transfieres un número que tengas con nosotros, entenderemos que nos estás solicitando la cancelación de tu Servicio para ese número.  Una vez que se complete el proceso de transferencia, no podrás usar nuestro servicio para ese número, pero seguirás siendo responsable del pago de todos los cargos hasta el final de ese ciclo de facturación, como en cualquier otra cancelación.  Si eres cliente del Servicio Prepaid, no tendrás derecho a recibir un reembolso por ningún saldo en tu cuenta. Si nos transfiere un número de teléfono a nuestra compañía, por favor tenga en cuenta que es probable que no podamos proveerle de inmediato algunos servicios, tales como los servicios de ubicación 911.  You don't have any rights to your wireless phone number, except for any right you may have to port it." Good Luck.
The old 6GB plan was billed at $80/month for the data.  The new 10GB plan is billed at the same price. There would be no increase in the bill! Here is the Link: http://www.verizonwireless.... Ver más...
The old 6GB plan was billed at $80/month for the data.  The new 10GB plan is billed at the same price. There would be no increase in the bill! Here is the Link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/more-everything/
The coverage is horrible.  My Borther-in-law went from Verizon to Striaght Talk, becouse they use Verizon's towers. Coverage was always horrible.  Apprently Verizon customer get to use all the to... Ver más...
The coverage is horrible.  My Borther-in-law went from Verizon to Striaght Talk, becouse they use Verizon's towers. Coverage was always horrible.  Apprently Verizon customer get to use all the towers first (which makes sence).  Around peak times, he could never use his phone.  He has came back to verizon now.  He got down to "1x" coverage sometimes.  The savings is not worth your time.
You could try a network extender. That would pull the service from the nearest tower.  You would need to call customer service to get more information.
Go on Myverizon. Search "View my usage." click on data.  You will be able to what times and date the data was used.  You will not be able to see how it was used but when.  If you want to see when... Ver más...
Go on Myverizon. Search "View my usage." click on data.  You will be able to what times and date the data was used.  You will not be able to see how it was used but when.  If you want to see when it was used or what it was used on, you would have to get Family Base. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-familybase/
There would be no way to do it without a court order.  You could go on myverizon and search "view my usage." With that you could see who she texted, but you would not be able to read them.