Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 6,350 Members online 269K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

EarthUnderSky's Correct Answers

Hello rayneman, Well sounds like you've done your home work....So let me help to clear your questions up. Bis runs through RIM's servers...Browser,Messenger,Data your 1X or voice service runs th... See more...
Hello rayneman, Well sounds like you've done your home work....So let me help to clear your questions up. Bis runs through RIM's servers...Browser,Messenger,Data your 1X or voice service runs through VZW. Now BES not only does the same as BIS, you just have added in your employers server into the mix as well. So now on BES it would be out of your device>company server>RIM server>back to company server> back to your device. I am currently on BIS and yet I still receive all of my work related email onto my device.... Here's the link if you want to stay on the BIS:    https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw   I would call this number and have the CSR help you to set up the email account the first time. The number is 800-922-0204.   Now once this is set up you may add up to 10 email accounts to your device. I don't think you will be able to sync your calendar directly unless you sync with a gmail account or something to that affect. The other way to sync calendars would be to hardwire sync with your USB cable and desktop Manager.   Hope this helps...Good Luck Regards, Michael 
Hello jp, Well if VZW said they won't, then there you go. Think about it. You bought the same data plane that all BIS users purchased. This is unlimited data. No Cap. No restrictions on the data... See more...
Hello jp, Well if VZW said they won't, then there you go. Think about it. You bought the same data plane that all BIS users purchased. This is unlimited data. No Cap. No restrictions on the data. Hope that clears your concern up. Unlimited email to. However, let be clear, Texting is not included unless you are using the BB messenger service. Blackberry to Blackberry. I cannot comment on your 2nd question because I use Blackberry maps which is FREE. Come with your device. You just need to enable you location on your device.   Regards, Michael   
Hey there jess. I think I can help you here. Let's see. You probably by default have your device set to enter bedside mode when it is plugged in to charge. This in itself is not the problem. It'... See more...
Hey there jess. I think I can help you here. Let's see. You probably by default have your device set to enter bedside mode when it is plugged in to charge. This in itself is not the problem. It's the other user settings that the device is reacting to. So let's do it this way. Find and select your clock icon. From here push your menu(Blackberry)button and select options. Now you should be in clock options. So scroll down this screen and see if underneath the Bedside Mode setting that the Disable Radio Tab is set to yes. If it is then highlight the tab and select no.   Hope this helps...Good Luck Regards, Michael 
Yeah, here's the way you need to separate. Locate your icon for messages. Looks like the envelope. Select this icon. Once there, push your menu(Blackberry)button and select options. Then select ... See more...
Yeah, here's the way you need to separate. Locate your icon for messages. Looks like the envelope. Select this icon. Once there, push your menu(Blackberry)button and select options. Then select General Options. In the general options screen scroll down the screen until you find the SMS and email Inboxes. Select the tab and choose separate. Then save your setting with your menu button.   Good luck... Hope this helps. Regards, Michael 
Hello Hal, Okay, let's start with your calendar. You are correct about syncing without BES. In order to get the wireless sync you must activate an Enterprise Server License. So, you could stay w... See more...
Hello Hal, Okay, let's start with your calendar. You are correct about syncing without BES. In order to get the wireless sync you must activate an Enterprise Server License. So, you could stay with the BIS and sync with cable. Next is the mail. I personally have a BIS and I am able to get my work mail to my device. You should be able to as well.   BES is Blackberry Enterprise Server   BIS is Blackberry Internet Server.   You cannot use BB Browser to access email via Outlook Web Access. And yes you can Synchronize with BIS as well as reconcile.    Good Luck....Hope this helps Regards, Michael 
Well, not exactly sure which device your on so I'll be generic with my suggestions.   Probably want to open your browser. Push menu button. Select options. Next, select the cache operations. Yo... See more...
Well, not exactly sure which device your on so I'll be generic with my suggestions.   Probably want to open your browser. Push menu button. Select options. Next, select the cache operations. You will then see a list of commands to clear contents. Just select to clear all contents. Clear history, content cache, pushed content, and finally cookie cache. After that I would then try the browser. If this corrects your issue, super. If not, try a battery pull. Then try your browser again. Hopefully you will be up a running again. If this doesn't correct you browser, dial *22899.   Hope this helps. Good luck... Regards, Michael