Es una excelente pregunta. That new iPhone 7 is pretty awesome. Here is some instructions on how to use call waiting on your device Call Waiting - Apple iOS | Verizon Wireless.
That is a great question, pjasper59. Let's get you some help. We do have a free feature called Call & Message Blocking that will allow you to block up to 5 numbers from calling and messaging you ... Ver más...
That is a great question, pjasper59. Let's get you some help. We do have a free feature called Call & Message Blocking that will allow you to block up to 5 numbers from calling and messaging you for up to 90 days. You can find out more information here Block Numbers | Verizon Wireless . Let me know if you have any questions.
I regret to learn you having this trouble with the Note 7 recall. I do want you to get the information you need. You can find out details about credits and how the return process works here Samsu... Ver más...
I regret to learn you having this trouble with the Note 7 recall. I do want you to get the information you need. You can find out details about credits and how the return process works here Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless.
70BIGGIN, That is a great question. I do want to help give you some answers.  I apologize but we are unable to give out blocked numbers caller ID information.
PmT2988 that is a great question. We would love to help you make the switch. I apologize but at this time we do not have a program that would change the deposit amount. I would recommend conta... Ver más...
PmT2988 that is a great question. We would love to help you make the switch. I apologize but at this time we do not have a program that would change the deposit amount. I would recommend contacting our sales team at 888-924-7937 to discuss what type of deposit would be required.
@Tc2013, that is a great question. I'm here to help. I apologize for all the confusion regarding the Note 7 recall. As a fellow Note 7 owner myself I know how important it is to get the correct a... Ver más...
@Tc2013, that is a great question. I'm here to help. I apologize for all the confusion regarding the Note 7 recall. As a fellow Note 7 owner myself I know how important it is to get the correct answers. Great news, you can proceed with the exchange at this time. Your upgrade date and Device Payment Plan (if applicable) have been reset. You can find more info on the Note 7 recall here Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless .    
That is a great question, MalikTeel. Let's get you some help. With the note 7recall customers will receive packaging to return the Note 7 back to us. If the device is not returned the full retail... Ver más...
That is a great question, MalikTeel. Let's get you some help. With the note 7recall customers will receive packaging to return the Note 7 back to us. If the device is not returned the full retail value of the device will be billed. Also since this is a matter of safety we do recommend that you power down and stop charging your device.
JMAC4077 We want your service to work for you. I'm here to help. Let's keep working on this. What zipcode are you having trouble with missing calls in? Also, as for setting up the Advanced callin... Ver más...
JMAC4077 We want your service to work for you. I'm here to help. Let's keep working on this. What zipcode are you having trouble with missing calls in? Also, as for setting up the Advanced calling on your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge please try the following : 1. From a Home screen, navigate Apps > Settings > Advanced Calling 2. Tap Advanced Calling. 3. Tap the Advanced Calling switch (located in the upper-right) to turn on or off If presented with a confirmation screen, tap OK. Revisa la nota legal sobre facturación y uso de data. Once that is activated Please turn on WIFI calling as well: 1 From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > Advanced Calling (Wireless & networks section) 2. Tap Wi-Fi Calling. 3.Tap the Wi-Fi Calling switch (located in the upper-right) to turn on or off .