Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,028 Members online 268K Discussions 43.9K Solutions

silver6056's Correct Answers

Some have suggested that you call customer service and ask for the Rentention department, or Executive Relations, so you could try that. In theory, with 90+M subscribers, and with two lines you ... See more...
Some have suggested that you call customer service and ask for the Rentention department, or Executive Relations, so you could try that. In theory, with 90+M subscribers, and with two lines you are not a high-value customer, I would think you would be told, thanks, enjoy Sprint.  But I am constantly amazed by the success stories posted here, so well worth a try!
You should be able to put your phone into Airplane mode (or some similar name).  This prevents cellular data and so no charges.  Note that you can also use your phone with wifi abroad, withou... See more...
You should be able to put your phone into Airplane mode (or some similar name).  This prevents cellular data and so no charges.  Note that you can also use your phone with wifi abroad, without incurring Verizon charges.  But if all you really want is contacts, do airplane mode. Also, looks like this phone is CDMA/LTE only, so if you are going to a GSM place, you should be fine even if you leave the phone fully on.
Yes, if you return it (during the 14 days) it should be as if the upgrade never happened and you go back to your old plan.  You will need to pay a restocking fee.
cheeyoon wrote: Thanks, can anyone else confirm? Yes, it is absolutely true.  Changing the phone on a line doesn't change or extend the contract, and  any features of the contract. ... See more...
cheeyoon wrote: Thanks, can anyone else confirm? Yes, it is absolutely true.  Changing the phone on a line doesn't change or extend the contract, and  any features of the contract.  (The exception is if you put a basic phone on a smartphone line, the data package may automatically be removed, but the rest of the contract stays the same).  What does extend the contract is buying a subsidized phone, so buying at full price is fine.   You will then be eligible for an update at the 20 month point of your CURRENT contract.  (Of course, you may not want to use the update then if unlimited is still an issue).
6157728898 wrote: Trying to import pictures to my computer? You have an SD card I hope!   You can either put the card into your computer if you have an appropriate card reader, or a... See more...
6157728898 wrote: Trying to import pictures to my computer? You have an SD card I hope!   You can either put the card into your computer if you have an appropriate card reader, or attach the phone to the PC via a USB cable.   Use something like Mass Storage mode for the USB connection.  If you are using the stock camera, the pictures will be at in the DCIM/Camera directory on your card. Then simply copy the ones you want to another folder on your PC.
Yes, it is true, for now.  There is no guarantee that at some stage this won't go away, once you are month to month there is obviously no contract binding either you or Verizon Wireless.   But th... See more...
Yes, it is true, for now.  There is no guarantee that at some stage this won't go away, once you are month to month there is obviously no contract binding either you or Verizon Wireless.   But this works for now, and hopefully for some time!
How did you get a replacement?  If you just purchased it, the old one is yours to do with as you wish.  The credit you can get from Verizon is  less than you could get for it by selling it yourse... See more...
How did you get a replacement?  If you just purchased it, the old one is yours to do with as you wish.  The credit you can get from Verizon is  less than you could get for it by selling it yourself, but you have to consider if that is worth the hassle.  See the official Verizon program: https://www.trade-in.vzw.com Looks like for the VZ iPhone in good condition: $252 16GB $265  32GB $312 64GB (I would expect these prices (and those you get elsewhere) to drop once a new iPhone comes out.) If you got the phone some other way (you say insurance wasn't available) through a credit card company or something, I'm sure the conditions would say the old phone belongs to them.
Are you using the Verizon (Vodafone) SIM or a local one?   If it's a Verizon one, it may just be that the SIM hasn't been (re)activated, and calling (from another phone!) Verizon Global Services ... See more...
Are you using the Verizon (Vodafone) SIM or a local one?   If it's a Verizon one, it may just be that the SIM hasn't been (re)activated, and calling (from another phone!) Verizon Global Services can get that fixed. Try switching from Global to GSM though that probably won't change anything.  You can call them collect +1 908 559 4899, or 0-800-888-8000 from Germany toll free if you have your Verizon Wireless Global Support Calling Card (you need to enter 9085594899 + PIN after the access number) Is your phone unlocked?  If not, Global Services can help there as well, and if the SIM is broken you can use a local one.