no data on phone/SIM card
cherzu

I recently received an error message stating that some of the data on my phone has been lost. It looks like I am no longer able to save or access contacts/photos/etc to my phone. Any idea how this happened or how to retrieve the data that I have lost? Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: no data on phone/SIM card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cherzu, help has arrived! I am sorry to learn of the error message that you received. We will help get down to the bottom of this for you. When you try to access contacts/photos/etc do you get an error message? Prior to this happening did anything change on the phone? New updates or new applications downloaded?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cherzu

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I dont get an error message all the time, I

just did once and it said something like "not able to retrieve all data". I

haven't made any changes to my phone or downloaded anything new. My phone

sees some contacts (those that I had through facebook) but people who I

added and saved just to my phone are no longer available.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 9:34 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cherzu, you are very welcome. This is what we are here for. I double checked to see if this was ever reported as a known issue of the phone and it is not.  What were you doing on the phone when you received that message and your information was erased?

TionnaB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cherzu

I wasn't doing anything in particular. I had just picked it up to use it and when I swiped into the home screen it buzzed and gave me the error message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming, Cherzu. I want to see if you are able to get the information back that was erased. Did you have your information backed up at all? If so do you remember where it was backed up to?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
cherzu

Thanks. When I log in to my Microsoft OneDrive account (on a computer), I

can see that the photos were back up there) although I can't seem to

connect to OneDrive via my phone. Similarly, when I log into my Verizon

Wireless account (on a computer), I can see that my contacts were backed up

there, but I also cannot seem to connect to the Verizon backup via my

phone.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 11:48 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the added details cherzu. How are you attempting to restore the contacts from your Verizon backup? What happens when you try to restore the contacts to your phone?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cherzu

I haven't done a full restore of my contacts (mostly because I haven't

exactly figured out how); I've just been adding my most used contacts by

hand as I need them (definitely not the most efficient way to go about

restoring contacts). Also, when I add contacts back it, my only choices are

to save the contact information to "Outlook" or "Google" - saving to the

phone/SIM card is no longer an option.

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 11:58 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cherzu, I would be lost without my contacts. Let’s figure this out.  Have you logged to Cloud from a PC to view your contacts? Click here to login: http://vz.to/1MV7Na0
AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes