Android users are getting blank sms/mms from my Lumia 735.
Keith_Kinty

Multiple android users are getting blank mms/sms messages from me. This has been happening from day one on this device, and I definitely didn't have any issues on my iPhone. I've tried changing my internet apn and even updated to Windows 10 preview, which fixed a lot of issues I had with the device but the mms/sms issue remains.I think I've narrowed it down to the mms group chat option, so I've "fixed" it by turning off group chat but now every message has to be sent through individual texts. Worse, I like to mute group chats so my phone only alerts me when there's an individual message and now it's constantly alerting me to texts. Turning off sounds isn't an option because I use it for work and need to be alerted. Also, when one of the guys I work with sends me a picture in an mms it says "couldn't get this message". In order for him to send me a picture he has to email me. Doesn't sound like a huge deal, but when he's sending it to a group of us it's an inconvenience to say the least.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Android users are getting blank sms/mms from my Lumia 735.
primortal
Master - Level 1

Take a look at this thread on reddit, Sending blanks over group text? : windowsphone

0 Likes
Keith_Kinty

I've tried that in the past and it didn't work for everybody, plus it didn't resolve the issue of me being able to see mms messages from certain users. wiping the phone and starting over didn't work either. I'm thinking this is a bug in the windows phone os.  It's a shame...I like everything about this phone except the texting issues.

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

I have no problems with group messing: as far as I know.  Did you have an iPhone prior to switching to a Windows Phone?  If so you might need to do this, Not getting texts after switching from iPhone to Android? Here's how to turn off iMessage and fix it...

0 Likes