Its pretty Obvious what is going on here (in regards to the Lumia 950/950XL)...
Polorboy
Enthusiast - Level 1

My theory from observations and speaking with both Microsoft and Verizon employees regarding the 950 and 950XL:

1) Verizon doesn't care one bit about its customers, all they care about is getting the maximum $ from everyone (happy or not)

2) Apple issued them an ultimatum stating "carry Microsoft phones, we pull our iPhone".

I had switched to T-Mobile awhile back (was forced back to Verizon due to no cell phone coverage whatsoever with T-Mobile).  What caused me to switch was Verizon turned my Android phone into a paper weight with an OTA update that failed.  They refused to replace the phone with a new one (they broke it, not me) and sent me several "refurbished" aka "still broken" phones.  They don't actually fix phones that get sent back to them, they just put them in "like new" boxes and mail them out to people as "refurbished".  After spending several days of calling Verizon tech support, who also had to call Motorola tech support, who didn't know how to fix it either, I just switched to T-Mobile.  If T-Mobile actually had cell phone coverage in my area I would have stayed with them.  I actually use my phone as a phone, so I need to make and receive phone calls.  Of course Verizon was all to willing to bend over backwards to try to get me back but nothing has actually changed. 

The Lumina 950 and 950XL are in fact technologically capable of working on Verizon's network, as a matter of fact the phones are designed to work on every possible network available regardless of carrier.  It is possible to get a 950 to work on Verizon's network, but Verizon does everything it can to make that connection the worst possible.  When you go into a Verizon store and tell them you want a 950, they say "You don't want that phone, you want an iPhone instead".  That is literally what they say.  Not, we don't carry that now, here are some alternatives.  No, they have the nerve to tell me that I don't know what I want, and they can tell me what I want.

Verizon's sales people are the most under-educated group I have ever met in my entire life.  I have not yet met a Verizon sales rep who actually knew how a phone actually worked or what the differences were between the major competitors (Android, iPhone, and Windows).  They had no idea that Android phones running early versions of Lollipop actually blocked users from saving data to "external" memory cards.  This was only recently fixed in an update from Google and only because it allowed developers to let the user decide to allow the app to save to an external card.  Also, they have no idea how iPhone's actually work, the fact that when you install an app in an iPhone and save data with it, that data is stored in the directory the app is installed in (which the user has no control over).  So, if you take a picture with one app, it saves that picture in the app's directory.  If you then use another app to edit that exact same picture, it actually does not edit the original but save another copy (leaving the original picture alone) in the directory of the app that did the editing.  So, taking a picture and then editing it now causes you to have two copies of the same image, though one might be "hidden".  So, if you were "smart" enough to take a compromising picture of yourself and try to edit out the "compromising" part, guess what, your iPhone still has a copy of that "compromising" picture stored on it and you have no way of ever deleting it.  If someone hacks your phone or your phone stores it in Apples cloud and someone hacks that, guess what... your "compromised" picture is their in all its glory.  The Windows phone's I am still learning about myself but essentially operate the exact same way the Windows desktop operating system does, so no restrictions on accessing the file system (apart from the normal Windows ones we have been using for the last 20+ years, i.e. administrative privileges, user mode, etc)

I have seen several responses from "Verizon Customer Service" on these forums that also tell me they don't care.  They respond once, with the exact same response to every complaint about not having the 950/950XL.  It is like they are feigning stupidity and have the reaction of "Lumina 950?.... whats that?" like they have never heard of it before.  Apparently Verizon's customer service is as ignorant to the product they sell/support as their sale's people are.

Labels (1)