Re: Microsoft Lumia 950 and 950XL
Mikhael928
Enthusiast - Level 2

True, the FCC OET List Exhibits Report does not include the 950, as you stated but there could be reasons for this that have nothing to do with phone capability or ability to pass the Office of Engineering and Technology at the FCC. I do know that the OET list is not always complete, not always up to date and even occasionally has errors. Since these are new devices and only a handful have made it to AT&T, the final OET list will likely match the Microsoft printed specifications, as it usually does. This I know from having worked in the industry for many years. The problem is not technical, but philosophical. It is obvious, as many have already stated, that Verizon is not at all interested in diluting it's stake in Android and Apple by training their people about Windows.

I have a 928 running Windows 10, as a member of the Windows Insider Team. It has worked very well on the Verizon network thus far. I got the original phone from Verizon because I had switched to them because ATT did not cover the area that I was moving to very well. Since then ATT has improved coverage to the point that they now cover more of the area than Verizon.

I do believe that the 950 and 950XL are both interim devices that were rushed to market to keep the slot alive. I won't buy one right now, because I am waiting to see how Microsoft handles their first fully in-house design. If Verizon continues to distance themselves from Windows, It may be that Microsoft will leave out the Verizon only bands completely. The fewer bands they have to include, the better the device will perform; better selectivity, signal rejection, harmonic suppression, etc. It is going to be a bumpy road for a while, but I am Windows for the long haul. That's strictly my personal opinion. I have made up my mind to switch back to ATT with my 928, since I can get support over there, as their sales people have actually seen a Windows phone. I was in a Verizon store a week ago and the salesperson had never even seen one in person.

Thank you for your response to my comment.