Re: No Mobile hotspot or Broadband Connect for Windows Phone 7
hopmedic
Contributor - Level 3

primortal wrote:

Tether/hotspot either comes in either two ways; natively with the OS, which with Windows Phone 7 OS it doesn't.  Or a 3rd party writing an application to allow the phone to tether/hotspot.  Not sure if Microsoft will allow an application on the Markeplace to allow the phone to tether or act as a hotspot.

It's questionable if this feature will show up in the Mango release.  Will find out on May 24 :smileyhappy:

Verizon kills features on phones that don't provide them some sort of revenue :smileyhappy:

Microsoft will not allow a third party app such as this in the marketplace.  However, if you have a developer account, and your phone is unlocked, you can find the information over at www.xda-developers.com to do this.  Last time I checked, it was only working with HTC phones, and only tethered, not wifi, but better than nothing.

Fortunately for us on VZW, we'll have the HTC brand.  Fortunately for me, I already have a dev account (and can't wait to unlock my phone - I've got an app to test!).

0 Likes