Anyone else waiting for a better WP7 device on Verizon?
boe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really like WP7 a lot.   A few people I know have the Focus.   It works great with Exchange, office documents, pretty much all I care about besides being able to get signal when I call the Focus has.

The Trophy is an interesting phone but I really would prefer a higher end phone if I'm going to carry it for 2 years.   It certainly is slimmer than the Arrive and that is an important feature to me.   Rumors have it with the Mango release we'll see some new WP7 hardware.

I'd actually be willing to switch today if Verizon had gotten the Focus although it isn't quite as high end as I'd like to go.

• I want a 4.3" or 4.5" screen - super amoled plus like the Galaxy S II has would be sweet.

• I want 1650 mah battery like the Galaxy S II has or 1730 mah like the EVO 3D.

• I want 4G service like most recent smartphones have.

• I want BT 3.0 like most recent phones have.

I know WP7 runs well on the old snapdragon processor but I've been building computers for 20 years and you can never have a processor that is too fast (otherwise I wouldn't have to have replaced my first computer).    So a step up in the processor would be welcome although the size of the screen and the battery are my biggest concerns.

I just hope when the new hardware is announced, Verizon won't take so long to supply it to their customers like they did with the Trophy (which other than the worldphone part was released to the rest of the world about 9 months ago).

Labels (1)