Re: My 822 now says, "ERROR: Unable to find bootable option. Press any key to shut down." Just happened after my phone froze. Everything I've searched says to replace the phone. I have no phone in or out, no alarm....what is going on with this? I see ot
dfed

Just got the same error message today.  My phone went to the black screen of death with the error message at the top.  Contacted Verizon via chat.  Was online for 1 hour and 15 minutes only to find out that nothing could be done which I could have told them based upon what I had read on this site.  Of course my phone is out of warranty since I have had it for 1 1/2 years and I am not eligible for an upgrade.  How convenient!  I was told to contact Nokia which I did and they gave me a download to try to reset everything.  It looked like it was working but after almost 3 hours it got to the end and nothing happened.  It just froze even though it said it was done.  I rebooted the phone and am back at the same black screen of death.  Guess I have to buy a used phone and then will have to reconsider whether or not to stay with Verizon going forward.  I have not had any issues with the phone in the past - keep it in an otter box, never dropped, never got wet, etc.  But all of a sudden it goes haywire like this that seems like either a hardware or software problem but something completely out of my control and all I get is sorry, you're out of warranty!

0 Likes