In-bound calls receive a Verizon message on a non-Verizon number

Miembro

Hello all,

I have been given the tremendous task of resolving an issue that seems to be related to users of Version phones.

Scenario: Caller from California(for example) will dial one of three direct lines for our employee's office phones using their Verizon phone. The caller will receive the following message:

“The Verizon customer you are trying to reach is currently unavailable”

When calling, the Caller reports that they will receive this message 2-3 times out of 5 back to back calls and the rest of the calls would make it through. This was replicated across roughly 2-3 other Verizon phones outside of Atlanta. Here's the catch, I am unable to replicate this by using my Verizon phone within ATL. Our ATL office is not using anything Verizon related for our phone or network so it is unclear why they would receive this message. This was brought to our attention by a customer.

Time of day doesn't seem to be a factor either.

Tickets have been created for Verizon, but was essentially told "This isn't our problem", even if the tech team could replicate the issue. There is no real rhyme or reason this is or should be happening and I'm looking for a little advice.

Each caller who would dial in are on separate plans. Any and all information would be helpful in helping me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Pestañas (2)
0 Likes