In-bound calls receive a Verizon message on a non-Verizon number

Miembro

Hello all,

I have been given the tremendous task of resolving an issue that seems to be related to users of Version phones.

Scenario: Caller from California(for example) will dial one of three direct lines for our employee's office phones using their Verizon phone. The caller will receive the following message:

“The Verizon customer you are trying to reach is currently unavailable”

When calling, the Caller reports that they will receive this message 2-3 times out of 5 back to back calls and the rest of the calls would make it through. This was replicated across roughly 2-3 other Verizon phones outside of Atlanta. Here's the catch, I am unable to replicate this by using my Verizon phone within ATL. Our ATL office is not using anything Verizon related for our phone or network so it is unclear why they would receive this message. This was brought to our attention by a customer.

Time of day doesn't seem to be a factor either.

Tickets have been created for Verizon, but was essentially told "This isn't our problem", even if the tech team could replicate the issue. There is no real rhyme or reason this is or should be happening and I'm looking for a little advice.

Each caller who would dial in are on separate plans. Any and all information would be helpful in helping me resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Pestañas (2)
0 Likes

Re: In-bound calls receive a Verizon message on a non-Verizon number

Expert

Are these people dialing the full ten digit number for the office?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Miembro

Hey Ann,

They are dialing the full 10 digit number. When I refer to the direct line, I'm meaning the local number tied to the user's phone. So instead of dialing the company number and then dialing their extension, they input a direct number to reach the user. So for Georgia, 678-xxx-xxxx, California, 925-xxx-xxxx, etc.

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

This calling concern is very odd, christopherw. I certainly don't want our customers left without a way to get ahold of the person they need to reach. While I see you mentioned tickets on our end have been created, have you created a ticket with the service provider for the office phones? Do all the Verizon users that receive that error have similar numbers (such as all a 678-910-XXXX type of pattern)? Are the direct lines being called also being forwarded through the users' phones?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Miembro

Hey Jennifer,

Sorry for the late response!

Tickets have been opened from both parties with the same response "not our problem". The users calling for my tests have been from personal cellphones by three out of state users who have their own separate plans. With that said, it is unknown as what number format some of our customers/prospects have. I can say, the direct lines share the 678-383-xxxx format.

In regards to forwarding, one phone is set to ring simultaneously with the user's cell phone and the other two do not forward or simultaneously ring. All three have the same issue and all three use AT&T for their cell phones, not Verizon.

Thanks ahead of time!

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

chirstopherw,

That's all a big help. That they continue to get this message is certainly odd as we want to make sure you can be reached by all of our customers. Do you know if a ticket on our end was opened by one of the users having the issue and getting that message? Did the provider of your office phones provide any other details about what they found?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

Miembro

Hey Andrew,

I was informed a couple of tickets were opened but with no resolution. We have opened up tickets with our office phone provider, but they could not conclude a resolution either. It seems that when the message is delivered, the call never reaches their network.

We've tried replacing the desk phones, thinking maybe this was the issue but this did nothing to resolve the issue.

If you have any suggestions or tips, we would be grateful and will certainly test.

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

Christopherw,

Thanks again for the additional information. Let's take a quick step back to ensure we have all the details. When exactly did this begin? Based on the description, these users previously never had issues calling these direct lines correct? Have there been any recent changes to devices or service since this started (i.e. software updates)?

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes

Miembro

Hey Adam,

It is unknown how long this issue has been occurring. Users have reported issues for well over a year and have only surfaced after the CEO got involved. The affected users have used the same phones for as long as they can recall, plus we replaced the phones with newer models to see if this was the issue. As stated above, that did nothing to help the issue. We all have the same configuration ran on our office phones but this issue isn't across the entire office.

We have tried connecting the office phones to different ports on our switch but ended up with the same results. It has now come to my attention that it isn't just a couple of phones in our office, it is all of the Atlanta phones. When conversing with the Company who our desk phones are through, it's almost as if the call does not reach their network.

0 Likes

Asistencia al cliente

chirstopherw, I am sorry to hear your company is still experiencing service issues. I am here to assist. Let's get this straightened out. I've sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at http://spr.ly/6587DRrdX to discuss further details about your concern.

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes