Asurion
MELKRA26
Enthusiast - Level 1

After more than 10 years as a Verizon customer I am leaving because of their association with the fraudulent company ASURION. I and multiple other Verizon customers have been fraudulently billed wireless Insurance fees (which I don't have) by this company. When I called Verizon the customer service agent assured me that this was the first she heard of it and they had nothing to do with this company. But when I checked Verizon own web site they advertise wireless insurance provided buy,you guest it, ASURION!! Also on their commuity forums there is multiple posts buy other customers complaining about fraudulent charges from this company, which Verizon has now locked so no additional posts can be added. check your credit card bills and bank statments for fraudulent charges from this company and don't believe Verizon customer service when they say this is the first they have heard of it! Check the web, there are numerous threads. About fraud from ASURION and there association with Verizon. Although Verizon will tell you all the other wireless providers use ASURION for their insurance there is no fraud being reported from them.

Labels (1)
Re: Asurion
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Why do you think it's fraudulent? When you get it you get your policy in the mail and the charges are on your bill.

MELKRA26
Enthusiast - Level 1

Because I never ask for or purchased this insurance.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why are you not reviewing your bills and calling to have the insurance removed from the lines as soon as you discover the charges?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

you get a welcome package with your polIcy. If you didn't want you could have canceled then altho id pity if you had a claim with no coverage

mama23dogs
Legend

Asurion provides mobile insurance through all carriers.  If you're miffed with Verizon for adding insurance, that's appropriate.  But leaving to get away from Asurion isn't possible.  Some people insist on insurance.  Some insist not (I'm in the second group). But either way it's our responsibility to check our bills and make sure they are correct. 

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

MELKRA26 wrote:

check your credit card bills and bank statments for fraudulent charges from this company

Is nobody else concerned about this statement?

Asurion does NOT bill your credit card, debit card or bank account for monthly premiums. Asurion is billed to your Verizon Wireless bill and you pay it from there.

However, premium retailers not only sell Asurion but they also sell other options and those other options are usually billed to a separate payment such as your credit card or debit card.

View solution in original post

jgilliatt

I just checked one of my credit cards online, and found that Asurion has charged me $199 twice in the last month. None of our phones have had an issue, and no claims have been filed on any of them. I am on the phone right now to get to the bottom of:

1. Why they are charging my credit card for anything.

2. How they got my credit card information.

0 Likes
jgilliatt

Follow-up information: The Verizon support person connected me with a representative from Asurion. Their rep was able to tell me that two different individuals, from two different states, had used my credit card to pay the deductible for their phone claims. Neither of these individuals was on my account. She stated that my credit card had been compromised, and that I needed to call the credit card company and dispute the charges and get new cards. While this sound believable on the face of it, I find it difficult to believe, because the only activity on the card in the last four months was these two fraudulent charges, the last of which was made on May 21. The card hasn't been used for anything since. I would assume that if the card had truly been compromised, it would have been maxed out by now. Regardless, I will call the credit card company and get it addressed.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The compromise of the credit card sounds more feasible.

Just because you haven't personally used the card in 4 moths doesn't mean it wasn't compromised. It is very often that a card being compromised isn't used for months after the information is stolen.

0 Likes