Poor Reception
dmadonia

Hi,

Over the past year the cellular reception in my area has been on the decline. There are times when I can't make a call from my house or be understood by the person I'm calling.

-There is no specific location that is worse. Outside, inside is the same.

-All 4 of our phones are the same.

-Data is very slow as well. 67ms ping, 1.68 down and 0.17 up.

-I've tried HD calling on and HD calling off with no difference.

-Zip code is 14617

Is there anything I can do to improve the signal?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Poor Reception
WARCOO34
0 Likes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

dmadonia,

Yikes! Making sure that you have the coverage you deserve is our goal. Thank you for providing us with all of this information.  Your area looks pretty good, so let’s get this figured out for you. Even within a coverage area shown, there are many factors, including but not limited to, usage, customer's equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather, that may impact service that are not within our control. With that being said, wireless providers are not to guarantee service indoors. However, we do have so many phones that have the capability of making & receiving calls over wifi. I would like to provide you with this option for an indoor solution. Do you have wifi at your house? What make & model phone do you have?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

WARCOO34,

Help is here for you! We never want for you to have a decline in service quality. I’ve checked your area & there aren’t any reported network issues. Do you know others that are having the same problems in your area? What make & model phone do you have?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct

Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CASATREZE

I am in Valley Cottage NY. Just outside of NYC and I never have more than two (usually one) bar?dot? whatever it is I cannot complete placed or received calls. Ever. Please someone help. I have typed this message into every Verizon Wireless area I can and have not been helped. Just led to a series of "fixes" that do not even address my problem.

0 Likes
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

You deserve reliable service always. I'm sorry to hear about these service concerns you're having. I can definitely help with getting this resolved. I did not see any current alerts in that area. Let's gather some more information. What zip code are you in? Have you tried to power off and on to refresh your phone's connection? Any other users experiencing the same issues?

0 Likes
CASATREZE

My zip code is 10989. Everybody has the same problem. It is not limited to my phone.

0 Likes