in exchange for a trade in of my IPhone 7 plus. As per verizon we have 14
days to return the phone with the "worry free guarantee". Today
04/09/2018 which was my 14 th day AFTER purchase I chatted online with a
representative named Kathryn who assured me Today was the last day as I do not
like the phone's interface. I asked what would I need to do to exchange for an
Iphone 8Plus. Kathryn told me go to the nearest verizon store with the phone
and you can return and exchange, not once did she say I needed the whole
package the phone came with which I have it would have just been helpful to
bring with me before I left for work. Every other trade in I have done has just been the phone the headphones and charger are never asked for back!

I then made an appointment for the
Verizon Store on 420 Lexington Ave in NYC and went in. When I got there I was
told that it could not be exchanged without the entire packaging and there was
nothing they can do call customer service AGAIN. No helpful people at this store. Its a no and work it out on your own. I called from inside the
Verizon store and a very helpful woman proceeded to inform me not only could I
not return and exchange but my 14 days was up on 4/8/18 as Verizons policy is
14 days from purchase not 14 days after purchase which Verizon's policy DOES
NOT stipulate. She tried calling the Verizon store for them to give me an
accommodation until tomorrow to bring all the packaging and do the exchange but
they were unwilling and now I am stuck with and 1149.00 Phone I do not want and
Verizon is unwilling to rectify the issue. I have filed a complaint with the better business bureau of NJ and I have begun to look into a
different carrier as well

I want to return and exchange this phone. Verizon's policy
is not transparent and it is not fair the consumer is stuck with the bill.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: 14 Day Return Policy is not Transparent
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Return Policy & Early Termination Fee | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The terms say within 14 days of purchase not after purchase.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

BOJOLO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

So you really thought you could return ONLY the device, and not the head phones, charger, box in which it came in, etc. Any time you return something regardless of the company, you must include everything the item  came with, in its original condition. If you thought they would only take the phone and allow you to keep everything else, then shame on you. Some things should be common sense.

rcschnoor
Legend

KLemma1 wrote:

Every other trade in I have done has just been the phone the headphones and charger are never asked for back!

A trade-in is not an exchange or return.

The policy appears pretty transparent to me:

"Exchange New Merchandise

You are permitted to make one exchange. To make an exchange, return the merchandise (including device, charger, battery, instructions, and any other components) in the ORIGINAL box. All merchandise must be in like-new condition and accompanied by the original receipt."

KLemma1 wrote:

On March 27, 2018 I upgraded my IPhone 7 Plus to an IPhone X
in exchange for a trade in of my IPhone 7 plus. As per verizon we have 14
days to return the phone with the "worry free guarantee". Today
04/09/2018 which was my 14 th day AFTER purchase

Your story sounds kind of questionable. IF you made the purchase on March 27, you should be able to return the device on April 8 REGARDLESS of the interpretation of the polilcy. If you count the 27th as the 1st day you could retun it, today(04/09/2018) would be the 14th day and you should still be able to make the return. If you count the 28th as the 1st day you could return it, today(04/09/2018) would be the 13th day. Either way, it is within the 14 day return period. It sounds as if you may have made the purchase before March 27 if they

KLemma1
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you read the comment correctly I asked if I needed everything and was told I only needed to bring the phone. The Verizon customer service representative on the phone was willing to give me an extension as I was mis informed. However the store was not. Its not a lack of common sense more so inconstancy of customer service.

0 Likes
KLemma1
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the argument I had in the store and on the phone with customer service. I have the receipt proving it was made on March 27th. The purpose of this is to help others. If everyone is just going to troll why bother replying to comments in the forums?

0 Likes
BOJOLO2
Enthusiast - Level 3

No one is trolling you, however some things can be figured out by just applying common sense, if your intentions were to exchange the device for a brand new iPhone 8plus, I'm sure you'd be expecting a brand new phone out of the box including headphones, charger, etc. So if you are returning a recently purchased device, common sense would tell you, those same items that came with the device needs to be returned as well. Shouldn't take a Verizon Rep to advise you of this, customers put too much blame on Verizon, and fail to accept any responsibility.

0 Likes
KLemma1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon called me to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
MMHM8290
Enthusiast - Level 1

By chance what dept ended up calling to resolve this issue with you? I ask because I have the same problem right now I'm trying to deal with but everyone I speak to seems they are all dumb as [removed]

*Jan 6th, 2019....  I bought a note 9 for myself and my girlfriend. I had opened up a new line to get the buy one get one deal.

*Jan 19th, 2019.... On the 13th day we went in to return the devices and the girl working at the 3rd party store said we had to come back the very next day since she wasn't qualified to do the return and was only person working that night. She even assured us we were still on our 13th day after she had counted the days.

*Jan 20th, 2019.... We walked in early morning and after waiting for 30min the same girl walks over to tell me she can't do a return because her District Manager has stated that we were on our 15th day. I told her to tell him that the 14 day policy doesn't say "Only from the day the phones were purchased" but how it states "within" and he said that it starts the day we got the phones. I'm still dealing with this but dont know which dept to ask for. Anyone know the answer please chime in.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes