No service at Turck Inc. in Plymouth, Mn
tveleke

I cannot get any service inside the building I work at.  I wanted to know if there was anything that can be done, as many co-workers experience this problem as well.  I do not see the point to continue with Verizon, if they will not help support me with this issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: No service at Turck Inc. in Plymouth, Mn
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

You can report the issue to Verizon's tech support, and they can investigate to see if there's any issue with the network in your area.  Verizon does not gaurentee service indoors, so if there isn't an issue, your only resource would be to invest in a Network Extender (about $200, it uses your existing broadband internet to provide cell signal in a limited area), or move to another provider.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

tveleke wrote:

I cannot get any service inside the building I work at.  I wanted to know if there was anything that can be done, as many co-workers experience this problem as well. 

Do all the co-workers have Verizon?  Or do all cell carriers have difficulty in your building?  As Catfish said, Verizon (all most other providers as well) do not guarantee signal inside of buildings, and the support that is offered if your particular building does not receive strong signal is the network extender.

Before switching carriers, check out the reception of several carriers if you can, then make a decision.  Good luck!

0 Likes
tveleke

There are many employees that have many different carriers.  Our companies corporate plan is on ATT and everyone with their service has good reception.  All other carriers get poor reception.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

tveleke, I understand your frustration regarding signal when others you work with have no issues. As the community as advised although we guaranteed signal inside your building or home, we want to make sure we have did all that we could to ensure your signal is working for you. I researched your area and was unable to locate any network issues in MN. You can try power cycling your device once a day to reconnect with our towers. As stated by , you can advise your company of our network extenders that could help boost the signal inside at your work place. I have provided a link for information about the network extender below:

http://support.vzw.com/clc/faqs/Equipment/network_extender.html

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

tveleke wrote:

There are many employees that have many different carriers.  Our companies corporate plan is on ATT and everyone with their service has good reception.  All other carriers get poor reception.

As your corporate plan is with AT&T, what probably is happening is that your company has a network extender for AT&T in the building.  If having reception inside your building is a priority then you should look at AT&T as a provider.  My info is that they have good reception in the Twin Cities metro area but reception falls off in some of the 'outstate' areas.

Good luck.

0 Likes