Re: Verizon Wireless direct stores customer service fail
KShaul1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, this is my gripe. I ordered two Droid Bionics over the phone with VZW on Dec. 7, 2011. I recently was tired of not having 4G service so I called VZW and they agreed to exchange the two Droid Bionic phones for iPhone 4S's (this would be under the holiday return policy which ends January 15, 2012). VZW was supposed to send shipping labels along with the iPhones so I could ship the Bionics back to them for a refund. When I received the iPhones on Jan. 5, there were no shipping labels to return the Bionics. I called VZW and they said they would ship the labels to me. As of January 11 I have not received any shipping labels, and keep in mind, the return policy ends Jan. 15. So I called VZW telling them I want to return the Bionics ASAP, and want to return them to a VZW store. The customer servive rep said that it varies from store to store if the manager of that store would take them and provide a refund. IT'S A VZW PHONE!!! Shouldn't they take it back no matter what?!?!? So, she agreed to call and see if the closest VZW store would take my phones. After being on hold she returned and said that the store would not take them back and that she would send out shipping labels again for me to ship the Bionics back. I said that's NOT acceptable because Jan. 15 is last day of the return policy and I didn't want to take a chance of not being able to return them. Also, she stated that when I get the shipping labels I had to make sure that the serial numbers on the phones had to match the right shipping labels (each phone was getting a shipping label). Anyway, I was frustrated and said whatever ship me the labels. After I got off the phone with her, I called the same VZW store she called inquiring about returning my Bionics and I talked with someone there and they said it wouldn't be a problem if I returned the phones there. WHAT?!? Did the customer service rep even call the store? I don't know. VZW needs to be more consistent in their customer service. Plus, it shouldn't vary from store to store if I should be able to return a product I bought from VZW.

0 Likes