Inconsistent and Uninformed Customer Service
AMCARA
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been arguing with Verizon Wireless since December. My father passed away in November and I closed out his account. I was told that I had to pay the remaining balance on a cell phone he bought for his girlfriend before they would close it out, which totaled $540. His girlfriend was supposed to pay me back but instead gave me the phone back. I spoke with customer service and was assured that if I brought the phone in, I would get my $540 back. Once in the store, I was told the most I could get was $190 in a gift card as a resale value. After going back and forth on the phone (4 times) and in the store (2 times) in one day (while also continuing to ask for his pin number, which strangely enough wasn't in his will); after showing them a death certificate and power of attorney, which is more than his bank asked for from me, I was told they would correct the amount to $540 as a credit on my account and was assured that they would send me a check. Fast forward to a month later, I have received nothing. I reached out to the same representative and found out that they will not send me a check but keep it as a credit on my account, which will pay my bill. My cell phone is a business expense which is a tax write-off, so if anything, the credit is actually UNhelpful. I was told if I closed my account, I would still only get the amount in a gift card for Verizon. I was misinformed at every step of the way and now this multi-billion dollar organization is refusing to allow me to put this money back in my bank account. They are essentially holding it hostage so that I can only ever use it at their store, which after over five years of service, I am strongly considering backing out of- of course, in doing that, I will lose the money entirely. This sort of business is extremely off-putting and I just thought everyone possible should know about this.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)