Re: Does Verizon Bait and Switch or Just Outright Lie?
ELATOO86
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wouldn't put it past Verizon to pull something like that. They did the same thing to my mother a few years ago with an ipad. The first salesman told her that if she bought the new iphone she would get a free ipad with it, she believed him because I had gotten a similar deal a few months prior to that and got a free Ellipses 7 with my HTC phone. She got iphones, one for her and one for my sister, and when they were going through the paper work on the phone the ipads were on there at full price. She questioned it and they told her that she had been "misinformed" and that what the deal REALLY was was that she wouldn't be charged an activation fee for them.

When she went to pay the activation fee was still there. She demanded to speak to the store manager because this was the second time now that she had been lied to about the price. He came over and told her that the salesman and the supervisor had both been wrong and that while she had to pay full price for the ipads and the activation fee on both of them, she wouldn't be charged the "line fee" on either of them because THAT'S what the deal really was. Well fast forward to the next bill and surprise surprise, line fees on both ipads. She called in and, just like you, was treated like a liar. She tried to drop the tablets and return them to the store but they wouldn't allow it because they were "part of the contract".

Also at one point my tablet had been stolen so I tried to drop it and they wouldn't let me even though the tablet was due for an upgrade anyway. I was given the choice of continuing to pay $10 per month for the stolen tablet or buy a new one at full price to replace it.

So yeah, Verizon is full of liars and crooks. I'm sorry you had to experience that too.