thinking of switching to sprint. Can I transfer my devices and would i still owe on a phone that has a contract?
Rsumner

I have two phones and I'm sick of paying overage fees. Been a long time customer and have a month to month phone and one that is under contract. Can i use these phones on the sprint network? What do i need to provide to cancel and will there be fees involved?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: thinking of switching to sprint. Can I transfer my devices and would i still owe on a phone that has a contract?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Why don't you change your plan or add the Safety Mode to your account to avoid the overage fees?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: thinking of switching to sprint. Can I transfer my devices and would i still owe on a phone that has a contract?
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you want to switch, you should contact Sprint as to whether or not you can use your current devices.

There will definitely be fees associated with switching. You will be responsible for an service charges plus any remaining balance on your your devices or, if you are under a 2 year contract, any early termination fees. If you switch, Verizon will send you a final bill that reflects all balances due. However, if you have a plan that has it, turn on Safety Mode. This will not charge you overages but WILL slow your mobile data speeds considerably. You might also want to look into one of the Unlimited options. Or, use WiFi more and be more cognizant of your mobile data usage to avoid overage fees.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Losing you is not an option in my book, Rsumner. We'll do all we can to continue to earn your business. I’ve sent you a private message so we can come up with a solution that fits your needs and puts a stop to the overages.

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
berlinlt2
Contributor - Level 1

As far as I know Sprint will pay up to 650 to buy out your Verizon contract. You will have to turn your phones into sprint and they will give you a credit on your bill. Then they will mail you a pre paid credit card for the remainder of your payoff. It takes like 30 days to get the remainder of your payoff. I went from Verizon to sprint and now back to Verizon. I had no issues with the change other than the fact if your tight for cash trying to pay off your Verizon phone

0 Likes