Why is spending limit decreased without notification?
jamiedowe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Starting my account off i was able to obtain 5 devices on payment plans which exceeded $1500 (about $2600). Now that ive decided to get the new Apple Watch i was told i was over my spending limit and had to pay 75 percent of the price in order to add it onto my account. When i ask why and what my limit was they proceeded to tell me that it must have been lowered for billing issues. When i started my account, i advised customer service that the bill payment date was very inconvenient for me because it was rent time 1st of the month. I was told just ask for a promise to pay and it would push my payment out for me. So thats what i did each month. What i wasnt told was that it would affect my account and it makes me look as though i just dont pay my bill. According to customer service, because i had a balance forward on my bill it made my account look bad and thats why my spending limit was decreased to $1500 (WITHOUT NOTICE) and now i have to put down 20 percent on whatever device i wanted to get if i wasnt over my limit. But if i was over my limit i would have to pay for the device full cash price up front. Only then when i questioned why i was told to do promise to pay to push my payments out and wasnt told the consequence of that action is when they told me i can actually change my billing cycle date. So basically, i did what i was told by a customer service rep and always paid on the promise to pay on the exact date i said i was or sometimes sooner, now i have to be limited on upgrades????? This is so inconvenient and frustrating. So NOW, i finally got a rep to change my bill cycle but the other consequence to that is that i will have 2 bills in one month. OHHHHH GREAT!! It seem like i cant win, i have to pay 2 bills, my account is limited AND i cant get the phone upgrade i want next month. I am SOOOOOOO Disapointed in Verizon and I will not be putting up with this run around that much longer. Verizon receives a payment from me faithfully EVERY month and this is what i get??? I guess all the perks and things are only at the opening of your account after that they do not even care. They tell you what you want to hear just to get you. When is Verizon going to realize the company would be nothing without their customers!!!! If i can not get the upgrade that i want as a PAYING customer i will not be doing business with Verizon anymore.

Labels (1)