Question about Verizon Voicemail and visual voicemail
tomseys
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi.

I'm not so sure if someone here can help me with this but I've tried the usual customer service that I normally would use and it seems they just don't have access to certain functions and are unable to do anything. I figure its a long shot but I'd ask about it here.

Basically, I have a Samsung Luna Pro phone and the service on it is being provided by Verizon through Tracfone. I actually have one and a friend has one and both of them have been set up exactly the same - all settings are the same. All versions of apps are the same.

On one of the Luna Pro phones, my phone, when I get a voicemail message, instead of me getting the normal voicemail notification like my friend does, I instead get a voicemail app (visual voicemail app) related notification. No amount of disabling it/shutting off all permissions on the app stops it from trying to get involved in my voicemail messages. If I go with it and turn on data and let it do what it wants to do, there is no option in any of the menus to disable the visual voice mail. I've tried resetting the phone and all kinds of things and nothing makes it behave normally.

This leads me to believe that my Verizon voicemail may have Visual voicemail set to "on" by default and it is forcing my phone to use the (visual) voice mail app instead of me having a choice of just getting regular voicemail notifications or using the VMM app like my friend does on his Luna pro. Reading in various forums, I've seen similar descriptions of my problem with regular Verizon customers on their smartphones and disabling VVM on their line of in their account fixed them.

If this is the case, I was wondering if Visual Voicemail could be disabled on my account. I assume for this to happen if it is possible the request would need to be directed to the appropriate department at Verizon that deals with companies like Tracfone etc. I just have no idea how to proceed and as I said, TF customer support has not been much help so far.

Anyway, thanks for any assistance or suggestions.

Best,

Tom

Labels (1)
0 Likes