Collections after combining accounts??
GIRLYMECHANIC

In 2015 my husband and I joined accounts into a family plan.  The account number that was closed apparently had a balance that was not transferred to the account along with the phone number.  We had no idea there was an outstanding 60.00 charge to the closed account and its not costing us 100.00 a month in additional mortgage insurance premiums on our new house because of the amount that one item is affecting my husbands credit.  We filed a good faith request letter and I just called as well.  All Verizon will say is "due to the fair credit reporting act, since you paid the bill after we sent it to collections it is on your credit for 7 years".  HOW IS THIS FAIR?  If VERIZON kept the balance with the phone number, it would have been added to the bill and would have been paid.  We have been with Verizon for so many years and have 4 phone lines and pay on time every month.  Why on earth, with a 240.00 monthly phone bill, would we not pay a 60.00 charge?  The minute we received the phone call from the collection agency (we never received on from Verizon) we obviously paid the bill.  as the number was still active, Verizon could have called the number and said, hey you owe us for this... at the time, we paid the transfer fee.  Although I loved Verizon as a service, once we pay off our current phones, were done. As a Note 8 owner, unless I want to lose the rebates of my phone, I am stuck with them until my 2 years is up.  Please, if you have the thought of combining two Verizon accounts into a family plan, call regularly to ensure they let you know when there is an outstanding bill otherwise you may be paying like crazy to other companies.  Thank you Verizon for you wonderful commitment to you customers and your fantastic customer service. (yes of course this is said with much sarcasm!!!)

collectionsdispute​ collection​ combining accounts​ verizon customer care​

Labels (1)
0 Likes