Can I Return A Tablet Back To Verizon After It Was Activated?
mty796h

My girlfriend bought a Verizon Tablet today as a gift to me and added the table to her monthly plan. She did not discuss this with me beforehand. I DO NOT want the tablet and I am asking her to return it. Obviously this is a heated issue between us. I do have questions about the process of returning.

Would she have to pay a restocking fee? Is this able to be waived?

Since she paid an activation fee for the device, is this waived when she returned it?

Would there have been an additional fees she would have to pay, such as a cancellation fee, to return this device and cancel that addition to her plan?

Thanks. I tried to find some of these answers but I was unable to do so. It seems strange that she would be out a significant amount of money for this one, simple mistake.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Returning a Tablet
Weth
Legend

You have 14 days to return.  There will be a restocking fee and this is never waived. 

You have 3 days to return to not get charged activation fee.

More than 14 days, early termination fee of $175

prorated use and taxes based on number of days

Return Policy & Early Termination Fee | Verizon Wireless

Return and Service Termination

You may terminate service for any reason within 14 days of activation. If you purchased a wireless device at a promotional price at the time of activation, you must return it within the device return period to avoid being assessed an Early Termination Fee of $175, or $350 if you purchased an Advanced Device. You will remain responsible for your Activation Fee unless you terminate service within three days of activation. You will also be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges that accrued to your account through the termination date. If you paid a security deposit, it may take between 30 and 60 days to process the return of your security deposit. The charges for any service used on the account before the service termination date may be applied against your security deposit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mty796h

Thanks. It's unfortunate that she will still be at a loss for $35, but it is what it is.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Why are you so against it?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You say she didn't discuss it with you. There is nothing stating she has to. Period.

0 Likes