I'm moving out of the country in a few weeks & have to cancel my 2yr plan early
mverhoef

I'm having to move to another country in August, but my plan is set to end, I believe in March of next year. Is there any way to get out of my plan without having to get screwed with paying $350 to end early, even though it's not my fault?

I don't want to pay till March of next year (obviously) for a plan I'm not using. I have a 5s iPhone as well.

Any help would be veryyyyyyyy appreciated. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm moving out of the country in a few weeks & have to cancel my 2yr plan early
pherson
Champion - Level 1

TThe early term fee goes down ten bucks for every month you have the service. Now having said that, you still have to pay the early term fees simply because Verizon isn't responsible for you leaving. However they do make aconcession fr military.

Re: I'm moving out of the country in a few weeks & have to cancel my 2yr plan early
Tidbits
Legend

It's not Verizon's fault you are moving either.  Anyway if you are moving based on Military and you have your orders showing so it will be dropped. Any other reason you are not exempt. .

Now depending on when you signed that agreement. It's $350 - $10 a month completed after the first month. The current within the terms is a little different.  I just don't remember the cut off date was.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

From the Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an early termination fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an advanced device on or after November 14, 2014, your early termination fee will be $350, which will decline by $10 per month upon completion of months 7–17, by $20 per month upon completion of months 18–22, and by $60 upon completion of month 23 and will be $0 upon completion of your contract term.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What an exciting opportunity mverhoef! You must be very excited for this chance. Another great option for your line is a transfer of service. This is where you authorize someone else to take the line and contract to a new Verizon account. This would prevent you from having an early termination fee. Click here to learn more: http://spr.ly/6581Bx5lZ.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes