Re: Mobile Data usage while on wifi
dtj122389
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. So, what you are basically telling me that even when I am using my home wifi and I have a good wifi internet connection, my phone is still using mobile data. If that is so, then it is not right. Also, what I was saying about my roaming signal is that I barely even get that at home when I use the mobile network when I am outside. 99% of the time, my phone shows that I am roaming even when the coverage maps show I am in a LTE coverage area. I understand that the maps are just an approximation of coverage but the nearest dead zone is five to six miles away. I know that dead zone very well. No one and no carrier has any signal in that area. So why is Verizon saying that I am in a marginal coverage area when the maps clearly state that I have at least a moderate LATE signal. These are really the only problems I have. Being that the other carriers in my area have no signal around my house until I go about two to three miles down the road, Verizon is really the only viable option. Anyways, thanks for your reply. It does help me to.know why all this is going on. I was originally thinking that the data I was using over wifi was being counted as mobile data. Evidently, that is not totally the case.

0 Likes