Re: Trade-in scam
MARGRE46
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in the exact same situation, except mine has been going on since October, 2016.  I contact Verizon on a monthly basis to get the credit of $27.08 applied to my account and each month I am told it will be on the next bill and will be back dated to October and I will have all the credits applied....each month there is no credit.  I called on 3/10 and was told that they showed the escalated request from 2/16 and it would show the credit of $27.08 x 5 on my bill 3/12. I get the bill online today and of course, no credit.  I went to the online chat and was assured she would apply a $27.08 credit on my current bill, I even received a text saying it would be applied within 2 hours.  I waited 3 hours and went online...guess what.....NO CREDIT.  I went back to the online chat and this guy did do the credit...but I am still owed $135.40 in credit (27.08 x 5 months).  This is absolutely ridiculous to have to contact them monthly and not get anything resolved.  How about I just quit paying my bill by 135.40 next month and by 27.08 a month there after until my 24 months is up???  I was a customer with Alltel then Verizon bought them out.  I have stayed with Verizon and don't want to switch, but the service and credit issue is obsurd.