Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!
D1Spartan

So, what are the people who have no ability to change their data plan supposed to do about this?  I have a business line, provided by my employer, which I have no control over.  Therefore, the "unsubscribe" solution is unacceptable.  I have done the "turn off messages" solution, but this is still a problem for me.  I am also experiencing the "phone lighting up" issue, which is claimed to be a seperate issue to the "Daily Scoop" issue, but this is untrue.  9 times out of 10 when I'm getting the ghost backlighting and turn on the screen, it's either on the Daily Scoop initialization page (which does nothing, since I don't have a data plan and therefore NEVER subscribed) or on the Browse and Download page.

I agree with every post saying this is unacceptable.  Basically, verizon is telling everyone to try something, and when it doesn't work, then deal to with it.  There needs to be a complete solution, preferably in the form of a software update (removing Daily Scoop from the phone in the form of a software update would be best case scenario).  The solutions offered so far have not only been unacceptable, but just plain don't work or will never work with some customer's situations.

**Edit**

Forgot to mention, another side effect of this issue is the fact that it will interupt any alarms that are going off, just to try and initialize Daily Scoop.  It's a big inconvience and very frusterating, considering that I don't use this application and cannot remove / disable it.

0 Likes