This is a nasty combination of a marketing oopsie mixed with a software glitch. I completely understand your frustration, and here's how you can resolve this problem:
1)Turn off Daily scoop message settings
- Launch Daily Scoop
- Select ‘Menu->Options->Verizon Msgs’
- Choose ‘Off’ and ‘Save’.
- Repeat the same procedure for ‘Menu->Options->Bonus Msgs’
2) If that doesn't work, and you'd like to unsubscribe from the Daily Scoop, send an e-mail to Daily Scoop tech support. Note: Data must be unblocked for this part to work. Once you receive word back from the Daily Scoop folks, you can re-block data.
- Email vzDailyScoopSupport@mobileposse.com
- Be sure to include your phone number
Here's a link for the Daily Scoop FAQs.
Sorry again for this inconvenience. I've had good feedback from customers using either method. If you do follow my steps, please post your findings, successes, and challenges for the community as a follow up.
Edit: Also, if your issue is not caused by the Daily Scoop alerts, and the screen is just randomly lighting up, this is going to be fixed. LG is working on a new software version that will be available. I don't have a timeframe, but I have confirmed it is in the works. New software version will be VN270ZV5.