Re: LG Cosmos Touch - Help Remove Daily Scoop, Please!!
kramer5150

Hi Adam I just sent you this message via PM...

I am still having pop-up ads and banners from the Daily Scoop ap.

I did follow the "ChristinaB" steps 1 week ago and I got another ad banner yesterday.

I called tech support on the phone and they walked me through the same steps.

If you can not help me today then I will have to return my phone to the store and demand a refund.  I have until Monday to return the phone within the 14 day period.

thanks

0 Likes
kramer5150

I called Verizon tech support and the gal performed the following changes to my account number: 

-Data block

-Block application download

I told her I dont use this phone for text messaging or anything other than MP3 music and basic telephone functions.   I have never sent a text message, and don't ever care to send or receive one... Even the monthly Verizon payment and billing text messages I can do without.

I think I will keep this phone and not pursue a refund, it is a PERFECT phone for me... I will continue working with Verizon tech support.

0 Likes
maandparob

That did not work on my phone, and when I took it to verizon to have them help the man was very irrated that I was back for the second time.   He assured me that I would no longer get daily scoop.  HA HA  HA  it is back and I have to charge the phone daily because of it.   Surely there is someone with a little intelligence from verizon that knows how to fix it. 

0 Likes
obrnlori

As you can see....they still are clueless....untill they can reconfigure or delete...we are the victims....

0 Likes
kramer5150

Its now been 1 week since my last post, and since having the Verizon tech support perform a "Data Block" and "Block application download" on my account.

-The Daily Scoop messages have stopped reaching my display screen

-The *ANNOYING* Mobile Mail voice and screen message has stopped

-ICity app voice and screen message has stopped

HOWEVER, there is still "something" either inside my phone trying to "reach out", -OR- something outside my phone trying to "reach in".  Every once in a while "something" will partially wake my phone from standby mode and illuminate the screen and hard buttons.  It only remains lit for ~5 seconds so its enough to prematurely drain the battery, depending on the frequency of occurrence.  When I return back to my phone and wake it to make a call it immediately brings up the  "Browse and Download" screen... where YES the Daily Scoop app is STILL installed onto my phone.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE !!!

VERIZON YOU NEED TO FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.  I have been a Verizon customer for a decade, since the days of GTE mobile-net.  It is clear you as a corporation are NOT guiding your tech support teams to alleviate this issue.  It is clear you as a corporation don't even care.  I do not blame your tech support teams, they ahve been great and very patient.  I BLAME VERIZON AS A COMPANY FOR THIS HARAASSMENT.

At this point I am not a happy Verizon customer.  I will verbally, and on facebook + twitter deter EVERYONE I know from signing onto a contract with Verizon wireless for the duration of my 2 year contract, until you fix this.

And let me be clear on this... I LIKE THIS PHONE !!  It is EXACTLY what I want, feature-wise, and it does get very good battery life... when its not illuminating the screen at random.

0 Likes
obrnlori

You are 100% correct as I see my phone doing the same thing..... I can't believe Verizon has not bothered to correct it....

I was offered a different phone but...I don't want it,,,I want this one..as you say....

Notice how..."management" has nothing to say and this is their own forums!

It is a shame....

0 Likes
supermom

0 Likes
supermom

My phone does the same thing. Daily scoop is no longer a problem, but the phone will still activate when it is just sitting there.  When I go to make a call or use my phone the browse & download screen is the one that appears.  The battery life on this phone for me if I'm lucky is 24 hours & that's if I don't use the phone much during the day.  When I called tech support to remove the original problem of daily scoop & bing the tech said no one had this same problem.  That was in August of 2011.  Now that I've been in the forum I find out a lot of people have the same problems.  Verizon you need to figure something out.  The reception on this phone is not a good as my old phone either.  Very disappointed in this & totally frustrated.  Would like some answers or solutions soon please.

0 Likes
smarter

I too am having an issue removing this from my daughters phone and I am not happy.  I do not what her phone waking her through the night nor do I want her battery dead because of these ads.  I am quite angry that if she needs to call 911 she would not be able to because of a dead phone.  After reading the posts I have contacted the FTC to report this problem and suggest others do the same or anyone else you think can help.  If this is how we get verizon to stop the app then this is what we need to do.  Verizon should also have to reimburse everyone for the data costs they incurred. 

0 Likes
47Ronin

Had the same problem with the Scoop.  Hate it.  At least the annoying Scoop doesn't activate since I turned off both of the previous suggestions.  I only have voice and texting activated on my account.  All other downloading and SMS is blocked.  But I too have the partially lighted display and the "Browse and Download" menu appearing occasionally.  What seems to be activating that is the "Backup Assistant" application.  I have seen it appear briefly when I open the display.  I think that the "B&D" menu just gets hung up from time to time when the "BA" finishes its check/update.  Now if my phone would just stop occasionally restarting on its own when I slide it open, touch a button, or view a txt.  Got a "new" phone on its way to see if it's just the phone or if it was the software update that occurred on 13 June 2011.

0 Likes