Dissapointed with Deceptive Data Promotions
cook85743

Last time I updated my phone, Verizon gave me an additional 2GB of data for free.  There was no expiration date on the additional data, and I was told it would be "forever".  Last week I got a promotional text message from Verizon, that I was eligible for an extra 6GB per month of data for $10.  When I went in to update my plan, I was told that if I upgraded to the additional 6GB I would lose the 2 GB promotion.  So in effect, the promised "2GB forever" doesn't really mean forever, and the promised 6GB for $10 effectively was really 4GB per month.  I protested at the time and the sales person told me it was policy and they could do nothing about it.  I have been a reasonably happy Verizon customer for more than a decade, but now I feel like I can't trust what they tell me.  I consider both the 2GB forever and the 6GB for $10 promotions to be deceptive.  I don't deal for long with companies I don't trust.  This will push me one step further down the short path to a different service provider.  How many other people have encountered these issues?  Maybe if enough customers protest, Verizon will rethink this policy.

Labels (1)
0 Likes