Re: Is it the new 'normal' for high pressure In-Store sales practices?
DGP1111
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, VW Support, for your response.  I do appreciate that.  Really.

According to the forum Terms of Service, I can not give exact addresses, or names of the sales consultants I encountered . . . or I'd get redacted here online, and possible put in the corner. Yep, I actually read the rules : )

The locations in Orlando, FL were on Orange Blossom Trail and also Kirkman Road.  Since there's only one retail store on each of these roadways, it would be easy to research.

One of my co-workers is also highly considering an upgrade to the Galaxy S7 Edge, and went into the OBT location to attempt a hands-on experience.  I'd already advised of my personal challenges at that store, so was interested in his outcome as well.  Pretty much the same as mine, and he chose not to provide his license as ID just to do a browse.  When the sales staff remained by his side, he chose to exit as I'd done earlier.

My new phone arrived via FedEx early this morning, after being ordered over the phone on Monday.  Looks great. Quick service that I'm very grateful for.  Seems odd that an anonymous voice over a phone could accomplish SO much more than a live breathing body in an actual Verizon store.  It is what it is, I guess.

Co-worker is going to come by my office tomorrow to try out the new device, and I highly anticipate he'll be ordering one via phone shortly thereafter. My test drive at Best Buy was the key factor in my purchase, and I'd have purchased through them if they had the option for the Gear S2 watch . . . which may become a whole new challenge if the multiple forum posts about quantity is deemed true later this month.

Again, thanks, for the response.

0 Likes