Voicemail on my phone tells callers "could not complete your call, please try again."
PKH1978
Enthusiast - Level 1

My voicemail used to work just fine but recently as people have tried to call me they cannot leave a voicemail and they get the message, "could not complete your call, please try again." I have searched the internet for potential fixes but most of what I found associated this issue with google voice. I am not using google voice and have used Verizon's voice mail for 4 years. My current phone is a galaxy s5. looking for suggestions on how to remedy this problem, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail on my phone tells callers "could not complete your call, please try again."
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PHKH1978 I depend on my voicemail service working so let’s get your voicemail working right. Are you able to listen to messages if you check? Please power off your phone, remove the SIM for 30 seconds. Now put the SIM back in, power on the phone.  Test the Voicemaill and keep us posted.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail on my phone tells callers "could not complete your call, please try again."
PKH1978
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sadly, that did not work (powering off and removing sd card) I have no voicemail to check but when I go to my voicemail settings I am able to go through all the options.

0 Likes
PKH1978
Enthusiast - Level 1

SIM not sd.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is not the experience that we want you to have, PKH1978. Let's look into this more. Has there been any recent changes on your phone/account?  When did this start for you? Did you recently get a new phone?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try dialing *73, SEND, wait for tones, then hang up.  IF call forwarding is inadvertently sending callers to another number instead of voicemail, this will turn OFF call forwarding.

View solution in original post

PKH1978
Enthusiast - Level 1

SuzyQ, YOU ARE MY HERO!!!! Thanks for helping me fix the issue! 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Awesome; I'm glad it worked for you!

0 Likes