Re: No Roll Over Data Penalizes Us
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Can't you add FamilyBase to the account? It is $5 per month and you can set a limit of, say 39.5GB and then it will stop working.

Honestly, you're not going to get what you're asking for from VZW. Either call the cable companies and beg them to expand, watch your data usage, pay the overages or go without. It's just sad that the cable companies don't want to expand to rural areas but, again, that is hardly VZW's fault. They are a business, they see an opportunity in areas such as yours and they're capitalizing on it. They can't be faulted for that.

mama23dogs
Legend

Now I am repeating myself. 

COPIED FROM 4 DAYS AGO.......

drrjv wrote:

If not Roll Over, it would be nice to just have Data turn off when I hit 40, but that would not be in Verizon's interest either.

IT is impossible for any carrier to shut off data at a particular point because of the way data is collected and reported by cell towers.   Each time your phone connects to a cell tower it starts recording data use.  It stops when you leave the tower area, connect to wifi or turn off the phone/mifi.  It reports the use hours later in batches, frequently during non peak use hours.

It's like writing checks all over town.  The checks don't take money from your bank balance until they are deposited or cashed by the payee, which could be much later than when you wrote the check.  If the total of the checks exceeds your balance, your account is overdrawn.

"..................

SO what if they did have rollover?  Then you use 35 one month and 40 on the alternate month and still not happy. 

I have broadband internet.  I pay $75 a month for 100 Mbps and 700 GBs and we stream everything (cord cutters).  This isn't an option for you.  You should be picking up DVDs at redbox, not streaming Netflix. 

WHen I retire and move south, I will be sure to locate where I can get decent broadband.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Please understand that the community is not trying to be harsh with you. We are just trying to help you see why what you're asking for is not possible.

I have already said that it's a shame that VZW's Home Fusion is the only option that you have for high speed internet.

We hope that you can figure out a way to make it work for you.

mama23dogs
Legend

AGreed.  According the the Net Neutrality document about 40% of Americans have no other access to Internet other than via mobile devices.  That's huge.  And ridiculous. We should have broadband coast to coast, north and south.

Att is talking about the 5G network going online this year.  But where is broadband?

Brozme
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just talked about loyality rewards.

0 Likes