Re: Can I turn in my phone and go to another carrier?


If you sell the phone on a third party site, you need to cancel service with Verizon for the phone number that was attached to that phone or the buyer will not be able to use it.  So yes, call Verizon and let them know that you want to disconnect the line so they can get it canceled.