Repeated requests to cancel accepted but never recorded nor acted on
jeloye

In dec 2012 my husband and I went to the Verizon store in Vacaville and purchased a wifi device to use with his iphone for 3 months on a trip. We work our of country and have used verizon for 10 years.  We  were told by the young salesman to just call and cancel at the end of the trip. We never used it. That summer we called to cancel and were told we had signed a year contract. Well that young salesperson had lied but okay, we cancelled with the person we talked to on that first call. Fine, next year we are still being charged, I call in the spring - there is no record of that call either. So we call again, a third time, and cancel, fine they understand and cancel - this is by now June of 2014 (the only call apparently recorded we had called twice before in 2013 and 2014). The girl says no you can' t cancel you are on contract. We were not on contract, had never renewed, had never used the device. She refuses to cancel but will reduce our bill by $10 per month, sorry about that and it will be cancelled at the end of the year. She did not write in the notes the things I had told her, I now find out.  We are out of the country a lot and have been happy with verizon for ten years so we let it ride. Now it's 2015 and we get back and again we have been charged without stopping it. By now we have been charged since Dec. 2013 when the accidentally year long contract was finished to August 2015- we have called repeatedly and each time been told it was cancelled. I actually believe the woman, Jeanette that I talked to this time that she cancelled it but we should be refunded all this money. At this point I now feel I have to pursue a law-suit in small claims court and I am angry enough to do that. I was willing to take a hit for a year and even two years rather than give up my service and switch providers. But she got authorized to offer me a $60 credit, that is so insulting. I have the 800 number for the legal dept and will call today to get the address to serve a subpoena for the records of the calls- you guys were so good in the early days of your company and this is so amazing that I still can't believe it. I trusted enough not to write letters and record the problems for future legal action but I won't ever do that again.  I will approach Ask Curtis on this one and hope that the Sacramento TV station can help as well.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Repeated requests to cancel accepted but never recorded nor acted on
mama23dogs
Legend

This should never have dragged on so long.   The ETF after 1 year would have been small, I have no words to excuse this.

please send a private message to @Verizon Wireless Customer Service

0 Likes
jeloye

I have contacted customer service so many times I am furious.

I actually believe the woman that I talked Aug 5 cancelled it but we should be refunded all this money. And more.  I now feel I have to pursue a law-suit in small claims court and I am angry enough to do that. I was willing to take a hit for a year and even two years rather than give up my service and switch providers. I was offered  a $60 credit - so insulting. I have the 800 number for the legal dept and will call today to get the address to serve a subpoena for the records of the calls- you guys were so good in the early days of your company that I still can't believe this. I trusted enough not to write letters and record the problems for future legal action but I won't ever do that again. I will approach Call Kurtis on this one and hope that the Sacramento TV station can help as well.

I did make that call and by threatening a lawsuit was sent back to customer service (every six months for over two years, remember) and told to request contact with Executive Representatives, which the manager said had to be done in writing. When I told her at this point a lawsuit made more sense than more contact she search back through the notes on my calls since 2012 (most calls were not noted, just Dec 28, 2012 and June 14, 2014 not the three+ in between) and admitted that I had canceled in Dec 2012 and she did refund $640. Shame shame shame on Verizon. At this point I still feel like a lawsuit because I have actually suffered damages. I never understood how people could be litigious until now.

0 Likes
jeloye

I did make that call and by threatening a lawsuit was sent back to customer service (every six months for over two years, remember) and told to request contact with Executive Representatives, which the manager said had to be done in writing. When I told her at this point a lawsuit made more sense than more contact she search back through the notes on my calls since 2012 (most calls were not noted, just Dec 28, 2012 and June 14, 2014 not the three+ in between) and admitted that I had canceled in Dec 2012 and she did refund $640.

Shame shame shame on Verizon. At this point I still feel like a lawsuit because I have actually suffered damages. I never understood how people could be litigious until now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This does not sound like us ata ll jeloye.I can understand your frustration.  I would love to look into this for you. I have sent you a private message so I can further review this with you.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes