Unlimited data possibly??
FajrQ

I'm really in love with VZW's services. My only question is why there is no unlimited data plan offered. I have the 6GB plan and I didn't receive any text message alerts notifying me that I was close to using all of my data. Verizon's service is impeccable but I feel as if more people would be willing to join VZW and current customers would be more willing to stay if an unlimited plan was offered. No one should have to walk on eggshells about how much of their data is used. Could this possibly be considered?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited data possibly??
Snn5
Legend

Unlimited was available a long time ago up until 2 years ago or so. You missed that boat.  It won't return.  In fact, all carriers are upping their charges for the few unlimited users left.  It would be nice if Verizon offered a tiered LTE plan with unlimited but throttled 3G, but 2G and slower is useless to begin with.

0 Likes
FajrQ

I recently left Sprint to switch over to Verizon. I knew they had unlimited at one point. I guess my point was that I feel like it would be a win-win if it returned.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

No way any carrier could offer unlimited 4G LTE data in this day and age.  Everyone would be using wireless data, cable companies would panic, data speeds would creep, networks would slow to a crawl, calls would be dropped, pandemonium.

0 Likes
FajrQ

Why would cable companies suffer? I know people that faithfully connect to WiFi even of they have unlimited data.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Why would anyone connect to wifi speeds when LTE on Verizon can be so much faster?

0 Likes
FajrQ

See?? Back at square one. I understand what you're saying because Verizon's LTE is much faster but one can easily use their data very quickly. That's why I feel unlimited would be the way out. Everybody wins. Just giving my opinion. Nothing major.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OK, but...never going to happen.  I know you're late to the game here, but this has been a sore spot for us Verizon users for a while now...controversial, argued, cried over, and the whole range of emotions.  It's gone, not coming back.  Verizon has great coverage and speed, but the prices have always been high.  We pay for a name when really, we could all be on Net10 or PagePlus for much less with the same coverage on the same network...same goes for StraightTalk and TracFone.  Same goes for Cricket and H2O on AT&T, or Boost/Virgin on Sprint. The biggest differential is in the support department, which is quickly becoming as bad as MNVO and other prepaid carriers. Example:   People are realizing they can buy a $400 Moto X Pure Edition and take it to an off-name carrier that uses Verizon coverage and get 5GB and unlimited talk and text for $45  a month. Hope you like the service you subscribe to, and best of luck.

0 Likes
FajrQ

Thank you for educating. I'm not all that tech savvy. What do you recommend? Like I said, I love Verizon and their coverage. It's just slightly annoying when I don't get text alerts about my data usage and having to walk on eggshells about my data usage. I only use two social networks and that's twitter and snapchat.Anything else is Apple music. I try to use them on WiFi but I checked my data usage and I noticed that it used some of the data anyway. I guess I became so accustomed to Sprint and their unlimited that I had but I wanted a better service. So once again, what do you recommend?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Watch your data usage.  It will take some re-learning I know coming from Unlimited to Tiered.  Apple has a data use screen to monitor use.  Verizon usually sends alerts about useage.  Restrict data for apps you don't want to have access to data.  Make sure WiFi-Assist is off, make sure data is off when connected to WiFi since iPhones generally tend to disconnect from WiFi during times of being idle and then revert to cellular data.  Limit video and music streaming.  Don't let apps update over Data, use WiFi for all large downloads and updates.

View solution in original post

0 Likes