Predatory Sales Tactics - OVER IT
predatorverizon

I've been with Verizon for more than 10 years and this is the second time I have been outright taken advantage of and LIED to by a sales associate in a store location. I always go to Verizon stores, not certified retailers, not an outlet. Straight up Verizon stores, so that I don't get a bad deal, but you know what? Going to a Verizon store is the worst idea ever! The first time I went to replace a phone and I was sold on a landline # and told this device was a one time $40 payment and it would not increase my monthly bill, guess what? It did go on my bill every month and I paid money for a service I did not want. The second time I go to get a new phone this woman keeps trying to sell me a tablet I didn't ask for and don't want. She even brought it out again at the end when she was ringing me up, saying it's only $50 and won't increase your monthly bill!" Yeah, I've heard that before lady NO THANKS. So she sells me a phone that she says with my new every two I can get a deal of $27.99 for the phone I wanted. Cool. Turns out I have signed up for a payment plan over 2 years for a $250 phone! Verizon. You've done it, when my shit expires with you, I'm gone, you've betrayed my trust and I see that others online feel the same way. Shame on you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Predatory Sales Tactics - OVER IT
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

predatorverizon,

Saddened to hear you had that kind of experience we absolutely want to make sure you are taken care of with full care and top notch service I sent you a private message in regards to this.

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Predatory Sales Tactics - OVER IT
mama23dogs
Legend

The New every two, was a catch phrase from 6 or more years ago. 

All customers now pay full retail for their phones on all carriers.

This $250 phone, is it really $250, or is that the old subsidized price on a 2 year contract?

THe payment program has been an eye opener for customers who don't realize an iPhone retails for $649 - $959.

Most smartphones start at $600.

0 Likes