Replace faulty i phone 6
jeco5

My daughters i phone 6, purchased under the edge agreement in Sept 14, recently developed a problem whilst charging. Tech support could not help so agreed to send a replacement. I assumed this would be a brand new phone as the original was 10 months old, I was wrong!!! What did arrive was a certified as new replacement. Upon trying to set up the 'new' phone it became apparent that the 'certified as new replacement' was in fact attached to an existing apple id account so could not be assigned my daughters apple id. After 2 further calls to tech support they told her they would send another replacement, she told them she wanted a brand new phone, not a used phone, but was told it was not company policy to replace with new unless it was less than 14 days old.

I guess my question is: If you are paying $750 for the iphone 6 64gb that is malfunctioning, should you be expected to accept a used replacement and still make payments as if it were new?

The 'certified as new' phones, tablets etc are all offered with discounts, the I phone 6 is not available on the edge or device payment plan as it is called now, but verizon are happy to replace a faulty device with one.

Any views or opinions would be greatly appreciated before I explore the legal channels.

Thanks, Jeco5

Labels (1)
0 Likes