Why does the Verizon Wireless Corporate Discount program take 2-3 billing cycles to activate?
meany1965

As with many Verizon customers, I am offered a 20% discount through a corporate discount program.  Being a new employee, I registered over two months ago and I've yet to see the discount applied.  The initial communication sent to me stated it would take 1 to 2 billing cycles to be applied.  I have now received notice of my 2nd billing cycle, and yet no discount.

I contacted a Verizon representative this morning only to find they are being told that it takes 3 to 4 billing cycles to activate.  She also notified me my account displays the corporate discount within my account record.  And yet, the  future billing due on 10/18 has no discount applied.  Really?  Funny how corporate discount information was applied so quickly to my record and yet the actual discount has not.  This smells like a pathetic ploy to continue billing me for a few more cycles just to collect more revenue for Verizon's coffer.

So, c'mon Verizon, change your tactics, activate a discount once applied and accepted, and demonstrate you are an above-the-board company.  I have less than five months to fulfill my two year commitment to you.  Should I not see the discount soon, there are other corporate discount programs offered to me from other carriers.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does the Verizon Wireless Corporate Discount program take 2-3 billing cycles to activate?
Snn5
Legend

What plan are you on?

0 Likes
Re: Why does the Verizon Wireless Corporate Discount program take 2-3 billing cycles to activate?
meany1965

I am on the UNLIMITED TALK & TEXT& 2GB SMP plan.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

SMP?

0 Likes
meany1965

Don't know what SMP means.  I cut and pasted my plan name directly from My Verizon site.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like it might be a loyalty or single line plan.  Those do not receive further discounts since they are already reduced to a flat rate plus tax and have no access line fee.

meany1965

Interesting.  The Verizon rep I spoke to today had no idea why the monetary discount had not been applied, even though her view of my account showed the corporate discount was in my account.  In addition, she never mentioned I was ineligible for a corporate discount simply because I have a single line.  Yet another fine example of how large corporations are incapable of training their customer service department about the services they offer.  Looks like I will seek out a different carrier in the months to come.  Thanks for your input.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I believe that is the code for the $75 2 GB data, unlimited talk and text plan. I believe this falls under the already discounted plan as discussed below in the company discount FAQ and is not eligible for additional discount as Snn5 mentioned. 

Discounts Validation FAQs | Verizon Wireless

FAQ:

Does my plan or feature qualify for a discount? One of the many ways we like to show our appreciation is by always making sure you get the best value. Whether you've accepted a promotional plan that is already pre-discounted, or you're able to take advantage of the discount available through your employer or organization.

General discount qualifications, unless otherwise noted, apply to plan monthly access fees of $34.99 or higher, and data features of $24.99 or higher, when added to a plan of $34.99 or higher. On plans with separate account and line fees, discounts apply only to the Account Access fees. Prepaid, already discounted and promotional plans are not eligible for discounts through this program. To take advantage of the discount, your account must be activated with, or already have a 2-year contract or a device payment agreement.

View solution in original post

meany1965

Your plan options and discounts are a convoluted nightmare for the average consumer, and intentionally so I suspect.  Even more unfortunate is the inability of Verizon's customer service rep to look at my current plan and explain why I was ineligible.  I don't think you have an answer for that, but thank you for the clarification.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I don't work for Verizon. Just a customer like you trying to navigate through the same things you are.