Re: Pricing Confirmation of More Everything vs The Verizon Plan: Family Plan w/ 6 lines
rcschnoor
Legend

The information Tidbits has provided is not correct. For data tiers UNDER 6 GB(you are on a 4 GB data tier), the month to month discount is only $15 which would bring your monthly line access fee to $25 on your out of contract lines. Of course, this discount does not apply automatically, you either have to call in to ask for it or you can add it within your MyVerizon account. You have to add it for each line currently out of contract.

Additionally, you should think about increasing your data allowance to 6 GB($70 instead of the $60 you are currently paying for 4 GB) for an additional $10 discount on each out of contract line. This would be a NET decrease on your bill of $20($10 increase in data and $10 additional discount on each of your 3 month to month lines).

racerboy999 wrote:

Here's what I'm trying to figure out:

1) is there any benefit for me to stay on More Everything?

To the best I can tell, the answer is no.

If I switch to the Verizon Plan 6gb, I'd pay $60.

The 3 lines under contract will cost $40 each ($120).

The 3 lines eligible for upgrade will cost $20 each ($60).

We're talking $240 before  taxes and fees, $60 in savings.

Am I missing something here? Others in this board have alluded to an undocumented line discount that gets applied to phones no longer under 2 year contract, but I don't see that reflected in my bill.

The answer to THIS question would be YES if you were to increase your data allowance to 6 GB

$70 for data

$15 x 3 line access fees for month to month lines = $45

$40 x 3 line access fees for contract lines = $120

Total = $235 before taxes/fees.

racerboy999 wrote:

2) Traditionally, at the 2 year mark, I was due for a phone upgrade with a $50 discount price. Does this apply anymore? What's the cheapest way to get an iPhone 6s Plus (128gb)?

Again, to the best I can tell, there's no discernible discount available on a new device anymore. No more benefit to holding out for 2 years.

I have a few options:

if I stick on More Everything:

1) Pay full price. $949 + $35 activation fee

2) 2 year contract. $499 + $35 activation fee. (hypothetically this means I'll be paying $40/mo line access fee)

3) Edge. $39, not sure about activation fee, I think $15 line fee (25 off). In addition, I'm not sure how this lives alongside my 2-year plan phones and off contract phones.

New Every 2 has not been around for SEVERAL years which sounds like the $50 discount to which you refer.

1)No activation fee and no upgrade fee on full price purchases.

2)No activation fee and a $40 upgrade fee on contract purchases.

3)No activation fee and no upgrade fee on Edge purchases. $15 line fee IF you increase your data to 6 GB from 4 GB.

IF you were to increase your data allowance to 6 GB, you would be eligible for $25 off your line access fees for the month to month lines. If you keep the 3 lines currently month to month and then add 3 more as the other 3 complete their contracts, that would be a total of 6 lines with $25 discounts on the line access fee for a total discount of $150 off the $240 you are currently paying.

CURRENTLY, with 3 lines on month to month, you would be eligible to pay $235 before taxes and when you added the discounts on the other 3 lines when they became eligible, that would drop to $160($70 for data and $90 for line access fees). If you do nothing else, you should get the discounts for which you are currently eligible added to your account.Smiley Happy